News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Instead of working on bikes

Started by 85RZwade, October 16, 2021, 12:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

85RZwade

My son wants to shoot a deer. I'm from a hunting family, but not one myself, so I'm here for technical and moral support. Sure is pretty!(Eastern Washington, near Pullman and the Snake River)
I post waayyy too much

dgorms

Yummy! Nothing like venison back-straps  :olaf:
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

pdxjim

Enjoy your time with the boy. Quality time spent one on one without distractions should be the goal.

"Three spikes, you're out". This advice came from a friend went hunting last week and passed on a couple smaller bucks hoping for a bigger target. Came away empty handed.

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

soonerbillz

There's advice and then there's advice worthy.. just like bikes.
The best advice I'll pass on is this.
If you are not a hunter.. go to a local gun shot in the area where you will be hunting. Tell them you need advice and help. 9 times out of 10 they will be more than happy to give you good info on the local scene, legalities .. correct equipment and so much more.
Good luck, have fun and remember..just like building bikes .. successful hunting is in the preparation.

85RZwade

True that. In this case, preparation would have been a doe tag. Saw more than 20 does yesterday, but only one buck: a two point. We were hunting in a 3-point or better area. Skunked!
I post waayyy too much

1976RD400C

I'm heading out this morning with my bow and arrow. I've had pretty good luck in NY. This bad boy was in my yard a couple weeks ago.

6pt21" border="0
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

Striker1423

Quote from: 1976RD400C on October 18, 2021, 06:17:35 AM
I'm heading out this morning with my bow and arrow. I've had pretty good luck in NY. This bad boy was in my yard a couple weeks ago.

6pt21" border="0
Stick 'em.  :bacon:

Striker1423

Here's what I fill my fall time with. Two years ago, Thanksgiving morning. We all got snowed on, but it was the best hunt we had in a LONG time.

50gary

There are way too many white tail in Michigan. Driving at night at this time of year (rural) is considered deer hunting.  The problem is they find you!   My friends and I are cyclists and one of the regulars in our group was hit by a deer, nearly killed him, bolted from the brush and hit him, landed on top of him and broke his hips in several places, hospital time and wheelchair for two months, not fun.
  Cheers, 50gary

Striker1423

Quote from: 50gary on October 18, 2021, 07:24:31 AM
There are way too many white tail in Michigan. Driving at night at this time of year (rural) is considered deer hunting.  The problem is they find you!   My friends and I are cyclists and one of the regulars in our group was hit by a deer, nearly killed him, bolted from the brush and hit him, landed on top of him and broke his hips in several places, hospital time and wheelchair for two months, not fun.
  Cheers, 50gary

Can confirm.

A buddy of mine was talking about how he spent 1k on a new Ten Point Crossbow to use in his backyard. I laughed and said, "I'll buy a 1k car and get more deer than you this year. With the heat on to boot." Many laughs were had.

85RZwade

Poor kid came home tonight and saw a 3-point standing on the edge of the road. Next to a 2-point.
I post waayyy too much

1976RD400C

Right past my tree stand while I'm watching The Price Is Right sitting on the couch 

10180030-Moment" border="0
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350