(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

New to Me 3 rail bike trailer

Started by Kawtriplefreak, October 24, 2021, 12:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawtriplefreak

New LED lights and harness. Nice and bright now :metal: :metal:

Kawtriplefreak

Harness sheath installed. All wires secured with supplied clips and some cable ties. I also mounted a small tool box to use for strap storage. Trailer done  :olaf: :olaf:

pidjones

About five years ago, I built a one-bike trailer on a Harbor Freight 40x48 kit, using their steel loading ramps upside-down to hold the bike. It has worked and held up well, but the tires now need replacement and the original HF wiring ALL failed last year. Corrosion had crept up the wires inside the insulation so that it all had to be stripped off and replaced with a kit from my local NAPA. If your lights are from HF, check the wires! I love their LED lighting, but their wiring is awful.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

Kawtriplefreak

I used thier wiring kit that came with the lights. Everything is new now so hopefully it will last a while. You only get so much for $32.99. Thanks for the heads-up.

m in sc

it should work for a while, especially since (i think) you store it in the building. 

i went overboard with my lights, they were a bit more expensive but i reused the stock trailer wiring as it was fine (its always stored indoors too). Prob only reason its lasted.

Kawtriplefreak

Yep I keep it in the shop. The couple who owned it before me did too. The original 20 year old wiring was rotten. I agree it should be fine for several years at least I would think.