News:

Deals Gap Shenanigans

Deals Gap 2-stroke meet 2024 : May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

brake caliper adapters

Started by Aloha808, October 25, 2021, 09:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aloha808

Anyone know what vendors might sale brake caliper adapters for R1 blue spot calipers. 

It is for a 1985 rz with stock rotors.  I was told that TDR racing had them.  I checked their website with no luck.

Thanks,
Russ

RDFL

I think TDR does have them too (directly) on facebook.

Evans Ward

A friend of mine just purchased Tony's (TDR) adapters for Blue Spot calipers for his RZ350 with stock rotors. They look beautiful- see pic. Checked his site- under RZ350 billet parts.
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

Aloha808

Thank you gentlemen!  I will check it out.

Kawtriplefreak

I have TDRs on my RZ as well. The brake improvement is amazing. I bought a used R1 master cylinder for $59 off of flea bay as well to keep the ratio correct. The only drawback to the R1 master cylinder is no place for the factory mirror. I run bar ends so that didn't matter to me. Some are using the stock master cylinder but it felt wooden to me
With the correct ratio you can achieve 1-2 finger braking from upwards of 100 MPH
Just my :twocents:

rodneya

Quote from: Kawtriplefreak on October 26, 2021, 03:55:54 PM
I have TDRs on my RZ as well. The brake improvement is amazing. I bought a used R1 master cylinder for $59 off of flea bay as well to keep the ratio correct. The only drawback to the R1 master cylinder is no place for the factory mirror. I run bar ends so that didn't matter to me. Some are using the stock master cylinder but it felt wooden to me
With the correct ratio you can achieve 1-2 finger braking from upwards of 100 MPH
Just my :twocents:

You can add the part with the treads to a std front MC to add a mirror. Doesnt come in Yamaha thread though.

Aloha808

Well, I ordered them from TDR.  I got email today saying that they are out of stock, and it will be a two weeks or more before they make a run on them.  I plan on waiting patiently.

Thanks again everyone for the information.

pdxjim

You might wanna check with Garrett.

I know he has a great design and a CNC mill in his shop now.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Aloha808

I actually asked Garrett this past week.  He mentioned he could do it but it would cost him to much time. 

He also suggested TDR.