Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Fiabusa?!

Started by NYSingh, October 27, 2021, 02:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYSingh

What happens when you throw a Hayabusa engine in a tiny Fiat 500?

1976 RD400C (SpecII pipes, K&N Y-boot, Dave F Mod, Team Scream Racing Stage-1 Porting)
Moto Guzzi V7III

sav0r

Generally the Hayabusa blows up because they don't scavenge well under lateral loads. It takes quite a bit of trickery to get it all going.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

rodneya

sav0r

There was a factory built Mini rally car with two standard Mini engine/trans, one in the front, one in the back. You had to shift both transmissions separately. There's a video out there on a gravel stage from in the car. It was pretty amazing, the driver was a famous Fin as I recall, but suffice it to say he was quite busy getting the thing through the stage.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

rodneya

Quote from: sav0r on October 27, 2021, 02:23:03 PM
There was a factory built Mini rally car with two standard Mini engine/trans, one in the front, one in the back. You had to shift both transmissions separately. There's a video out there on a gravel stage from in the car. It was pretty amazing, the driver was a famous Fin as I recall, but suffice it to say he was quite busy getting the thing through the stage.

I have seen something similar at a mini show in England that I went to  Guy had a mini wit a R1 motor in the front and another in the back. It was not finished yet though

pdxjim

Local boys @scooterswapshop put a 'Busa motor in a JDM Kei truck.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=scooterswapshop+kei
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A