News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Rack

Started by RDFL, October 27, 2021, 05:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aloha808

Why wait for the arrival of the rack, or racks. 

Kawtriplefreak, I think you should get one.  Racks are always better in pairs. 

Kawtriplefreak

85RZwade

Quote from: Aloha808 on October 29, 2021, 09:58:06 PM
Why wait for the arrival of the rack, or racks. 

Kawtriplefreak, I think you should get one.  Racks are always better in pairs.

He's right, you know.
I post waayyy too much

RDFL

They sent me offer of 49.80 I didn't even ask, just because I looked at it.

rodneya

saw this on FB.
Stainless version looks to be from India as well.

RDFL

Mounting part looks the same, so should fit.

pdxjim

The second one looks better without the rattrap bit, but the mounting lugs look a little wimpy.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

RDFL

NOS one for 400, don't understand the $50 shipping. https://www.ebay.com/itm/393547120688

Striker1423

I think one of these will be a welcome addition to the ole' sleeper whenever I can dig everything back out in my garage. Anyone who's ever moved a woman... I think will understand.

m in sc

the reason i went with the 'mouse trap' unit is not because of that, but the upright loop at the front. its better for holding stuff from sliding around the rack IMHO.  This, if good, will go on the 70 R5 and i will shelve the period rack i have that again, is way, way too long.
If the mousetrap part is too annoying, i'll just remove it. :science:

speaking of racks... new computer hauling yesterday.

Striker1423

oh I sat on one of those trail 125's at the dealer last week. How do you like it M?

m in sc

love it.

is it slow? yes. can you hot rod it? not much. But its fun, great for in town, i can just hit under 60 reliably most times, but 50-55 is about tops. handles fine, you can hoon on it a bit off curbs etc. great for events and the accessories are ridiculous (scope). but, 100+ mpg.

m in sc

just made it to memphis. might get it this week. But, fedex will prob fuck it up, per usual.

rodneya

Quote from: m in sc on November 08, 2021, 12:00:53 PM
just made it to memphis. might get it this week. But, fedex will prob fuck it up, per usual.

Thats pretty good. I have only bought a few things from India, but shipping has taken 2 months or more.

m in sc

so i get a notice today that the shipment is arriving late, but then showed up. fed ex...  :dawg:

So, i looked at the rack. the plating is shiny and pretty. it also doesn't have a single right angle on it anywhere. man this thing is just fabrication garbage. However, i can work with it. hard to see in the pics, but one leg was angled in like 12 degrees and nothing is straight.. and it was def made this way. the box had zero damage. I think the person that built it used his foot as a fixture & really was inspired by tim burtons architectural eye.. Holy shit. its so bad its funny but like said, i can probably get it sorted.

Yet again confirming what i expected out of India for 50 bucks.  At least they chromed the leftover mig whiskers nicely. :love eyes:

In the pics, i had already straightened out the back right support quite a bit. its the mildest steel (?) ever, bent up easy. like, too easy. lol.

IF you dont mind reworking a few things, id recommend it. no way this would have bolted right on, i checked with the 75 thats here.  was way too crooked.

enjoy:

(admittedly it looks better in the pics)

the springs are ridiculously strong.  :eek:

*sweetness*