Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

twin micro muscle projects finished

Started by elliottles1, February 19, 2022, 10:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elliottles1

folks,
my daughter and myself are recently diagnosed on the autism spectrum she is 16. so to make the most of it as we share an interest in motorcycle building we decided to do a joint project, what a great bonding experience. she built the purple one, she built the engine on her own and did all of the spray job. honda NSR75/80s were very popular in europe and were modified for racing a lot. if anyone is interested in these engines (very similar to cr80) below is a good resource for tuning them, which i did use. The purple bike has a standard engine that is derestricted fully (they were restricted over here) and the repsol one has a malossi big bore kit, large carb and reeds.

https://honda80ccracing.weebly.com/build-your-own-racer.html

cheers again
les.

BlueR32

Les, what a great story! And the projects look fantastic. I had a similar experience with one of my daughters. When she was about 18 we restored a MG Midget together. That kind of bonding experience is priceless. I saw on another of your posts that you are in Ireland. Curious to know where in the oul' sod. I'm from Sligo meself but I've lived in the US since 1995.

elliottles1

BlueR32,

Hi! we are down here in west cork, rebel county, although i was born in london and came here in 1989 for a better life. my wife and kids are all Irish. not been up to sligo yet, but we bought a caravan last year and plan on doing the whole country soon enough.
what took you to the states?

cheers
les.

BlueR32

Les, I'll send you a PM so as not to hijack your project thread!

m in sc

man those are cool. EU got the best small bikes, i swear. well done  :vroom: :vroom:

50gary

Very cool bikes.  I would like a set of those wheels.  What size are they?
  Cheers, 50gary

elliottles1

50gary,
sorry for late reply, been away a few days.
tyres on the wheels are;
90/80x17
110/70x17
hope that helps.
cheers
les.

Hawaii-Mike

Imagine the weight savings if we could get wheels like those and mount them on RD's.