News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

MotoGP - going to "green" fuel

Started by SoCal250, December 15, 2021, 02:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal250

Well this certainly is bad news. There goes the series right down the toilet :rant-1:

2024 will see MotoGP™ move to sustainable fuels, launching a new global era of zero carbon fuels
   By 2024, fuel in all MotoGP classes will be of minimum 40% non-fossil origin
   By 2027, fuel in all MotoGP classes will be of 100% non-fossil origin
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

pdxjim

Change is inevitable. They will figure out how to make power with whatever fuel they're allowed.

Maybe this will fuel the return of the 2Ts!
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

85RZwade

Way to look for the silver lining, Jim! He's right; who's going to work harder to find an acceptable solution than well-funded race teams? I'm more optimistic about what their findings than anything the EPA might foist on us. Again.
I post waayyy too much

pdxjim

Thanks, Wade, and it's true.  Clean burning synthetic fuel and electric power are the future. 

Hell, we all know synthetic 2T oil is WAY BETTER than dino and bean oil.

Why should we be afraid synth fuel would be any different?

And furthermore, anything we can do to get out from under the thumb of "big oil" is a bonus in my book.  Those MF'ers and their lobbiests have been holding us back with their lies and propaganda for way too long.

I LOVE our dirty old motorcycles and their archaic technology, but I'm so excited to see what the future will bring.

Did you all see this?

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

sav0r

LMP's have been hybrids for a decade, F1 is moving into its second iteration of the hybrid era, WRC launch their first hybrid homologation in January of 2022. The manufacturers have basically said they have no interest in competing if they can't greenwash their participation to some degree.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

DesmoDrew

As long as there is 'fuel' involved, it should evolve into something we will enjoy.  I have had a MotoGP Videp Pass for as long as they have existed, but I have never watched a MotoE, qualifying, race, and whatever else they do.  Battery powered electric motorcycles are boring and pretty useless to anyone who likes to go for an actual ride: street or dirt.  I like 'fuel cell' electrics.  Not sure why they have not taken off.  Good technology since the '60s.  Probably infrastructure issues (maybe manipulated or not  :umm:)
  Remember; the Stone Age didn't end because they ran out of stones.  And the Fossil Fuel age will not end because we run out of fossil fuels.

scully

I'd love driving down to the ocean on my clean electric bike and watch these boats go out for pleasure cruises lmao. 2 or 3 people on board... lmao.