News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

TZ/RD 750 carb throttle issue

Started by mavguy, November 29, 2021, 10:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mavguy

After getting my hands on the hard to get Manifolds and reeds, I am now thinking of

1) which carbs to use( stick I believe are 34mm) for a good low end
.2) should I  use a single wire throttle body like the KZ1000 connected to all 4 carbs or try finding a 4 wire stock throttle. Thanks.

DesmoDrew

Best and easiest to get solution is a dual cable throttle and then two splitters.  TZ750 throttles are out there, but rare.  KZ1000 is a horse of a different color and not at all applicable;  One cable, activating a pulley connected to a shaft that works 4 carbs that are bolted together in one solid bank.

m in sc

agreed.

or get a custom cable setup made.

mavguy

Quote from: DesmoDrew on November 29, 2021, 10:46:23 AM
  Best and easiest to get solution is a dual cable throttle and then two splitters.  TZ750 throttles are out there, but rare.  KZ1000 is a horse of a different color and not at all applicable;  One cable, activating a pulley connected to a shaft that works 4 carbs that are bolted together in one solid bank.
Thanks.splitters? What are they......a website link perhaps....

m in sc

mavguy

Thanks.and about the carbs? Any upgrades? Would it be better to move to small carb like a 30 or even 28 to get better low end.....

teazer

On a 750.  No need to go smaller.  They are quite tame with 34s on.  My drag motor with a 750 top end is similar to an RZ motor but with a bit less mid range.  Easy to ride.

You could go bigger though.

mavguy

Wouldn't a single cable and pulley system  provide better synchronization to the carbs?

m in sc

not necessarily. that being said, you would then need to build a rail and linkage arms and fabricate adjusters . huge pain in the ass. and then you would always have to pull all 4 carbs at one time. 

85RZwade

I'd be on the horn to Motion Pro or Terrycable (are they still around?), tell 'em what you're doing and I think they'd be happy to make you what you need
I post waayyy too much

mavguy

Quote from: m in sc on November 30, 2021, 03:07:48 PM
not necessarily. that being said, you would then need to build a rail and linkage arms and fabricate adjusters . huge pain in the ass. and then you would always have to pull all 4 carbs at one time.
I believe there are carbs which come with pre-made linkages, like the Mikuni RS series?

m in sc

all i can say is: good luck. seems like an awful lot of bother. i've synched plenty or triples which run 4 cables, not hard. takes like 15 mins.

busa1300

Quote from: m in sc on November 30, 2021, 03:07:48 PM

Exactly.
Even with only 2 or 3 carbs, it is much easier to do carb work when you can just pull one at a time.....pull the one that is pouring fuel out...or not letting any fuel in...or....
RZ350-RZV500R-TZR250RSP 3XV2
RGV250 VJ21 SP/VJ22 SP/VJ23 SP
RS250 for track - KD80 - JR50 for kids
https://youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869?feature=shared

Dvsrd

Yamaha had a 750 or 800 4 cyl 2 stroke snowmobile some 20-30 years ago. V-Max 4 i believe it was. Maybe some throttle cable items from that sled can be used.
Also, Venhill in the UK make cables to customer spec, as well as selling individual components.

Striker1423

Quote from: Dvsrd on November 30, 2021, 05:57:30 PM
Yamaha had a 750 or 800 4 cyl 2 stroke snowmobile some 20-30 years ago. V-Max 4 i believe it was. Maybe some throttle cable items from that sled can be used.
Also, Venhill in the UK make cables to customer spec, as well as selling individual components.

Vmax 4 did this:

https://youtu.be/HXLZ7ell-qs?t=600

Sweeeeeeeetttt