Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

What exhaust to buy?

Started by 85RZwade, December 09, 2021, 12:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

85RZwade

Oh, I know! If I just type the letter t in the search field, it suggests Tyga anymore. They are exceptional! Are the crossed headers merely cosmetic, or is it done to "shorten" the pipes?
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

pdxjim

Those Tygas come very highly rated.  They were designed by Dave "Mutts Nuts" Whattam, one of thee top LC/RZ tuners in the UK.

https://www.muttsnuts2strokes.co.uk/
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

RDFL

Quote from: rodneya on December 10, 2021, 11:27:15 AM
Something to start saving for when you get back to the LC

http://tyga-performance.com/product_info.php?products_id=5088
That's quality there, even the springs look amazing.

Dvsrd

Quote from: 85RZwade on December 10, 2021, 03:46:34 PM
Oh, I know! If I just type the letter t in the search field, it suggests Tyga anymore. They are exceptional! Are the crossed headers merely cosmetic, or is it done to "shorten" the pipes?
Was originally done on the last. TZ 350 models, to allow the desired tuned length, while also satifying the FIM regulations. (Exhaust shall not protrude further back than the rear tyre.

85RZwade

John of Economy Cycle fame is looking into the silencer tips I like. The pipes are in stock, and FYI their flat rate $12.95 shipping does not apply to exhaust systems, nor is the 2SW discount available due to their margin on this system. I'm having to get comfortable with a different $$ number than I had hoped for.

Update: the tips I like are available as complete silencers, 4-6 weeks out @ $125 each  :shocked:
Unless someone here would like to buy the classic silencers the pipes come with from me @ $250/pair, I can't afford to be picky here.

Another update (final?): I ordered the Lomas pipes from Economy this morning. 4 easy payments... :toot:
I post waayyy too much