(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Have you seen this 600 2-stroke twin??

Started by 85RZwade, December 26, 2021, 11:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

rodneya

No pictures or actual clear details or prices, but hey, click here to pre-order one today

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

sav0r

I was going to post that yesterday but got busy.

Riley (owner of BRC) is a friend of mine from my karting days. I met him in Oklahoma in like 2002 then ended up getting to know him a lot better when I moved to Calgary in 2007. He makes oil and gas stuff, which is the core of his business, then he does this stuff for fun. The last I spoke with him he manages a small profit from the motorsports side.

Anyways, the dude means business. It's going to be expensive for sure. His 500cc big bore kits I believe are like $6k. He doesn't list his inline 250, but a complete inline 250 was $10k with standard power valves. With servo driven power valves it was another $1k, and the engine didn't come with carbs, you had source those yourself. He said they are shooting for a $14k USD price tag for the 600 kit, but I bet it will be $15k, and you'll still have to come up with an R6.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

Striker1423

Well someone with a lot of time and money will enjoy it I'm sure. Sweet idea. Retrofit a bike with one.

OnlyCrimnson

They have been keeping it updated on their Instagram page, said they are working on it and close to final engine/pipe design. Should be pretty awesome.

busa1300

At $15,000, that is still cheaper than building a good running RZ/RZV500 or RG500 anymore.
RZ350-RZV500R-TZR250RSP 3XV2
RGV250 VJ21 SP/VJ22 SP/VJ23 SP
RS250 for track - KD80 - JR50 for kids
https://youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869?feature=shared

85RZwade

Yes,  :agree: Even with the cost of a secondhand R6, a modern 600cc two-stroke in a wonderful chassis sounds amazing. I hope they reach some level of production!
I post waayyy too much

rd400canuck

to be honest if they produced a reliable streetable motor Id probably start looking for an old R6... however... Id hate to go to all that effort and expense to find out the motor is nothing but a headache.

85RZwade

I saw two R6s on Craigslist this morning that were less than $6k. Damn near affordable, if that engine gets past the design stage.
I post waayyy too much

sav0r

I looked too, it seemed to me $6k could get a pretty nice R6. If the running gear is in decent shape, it could be sold to recoup some of chassis investment.

Assuming Riley has the preorders, and he usually does for these types of things, the engine will run and he will at least sell the number of preorders he has taken. This is not even remotely the first engine he has constructed in total. It is an ambitious project. I don't think I'd want to be the in first 10 orders.

sav0r