(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

1981 RD350LC

Started by Aloha808, January 03, 2022, 07:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

pdxjim

I like where this is going.

Milan I have all the stock takeoff parts.   Perfect condition pipes, airbox, uncut rear fender, stock carbs, brake calipers, etc, etc.

Rode it yesterday, and it's a ripper.

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Milan

Looking to get an all original one.
So great you have all the stuff
PM me more pics

M

pdxjim

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Striker1423

I mean Jim, if I were you I'd keep it. If you were me, you'd want to buy it, but can't lol.

robakun

WOW... maybe I should consider selling my ALL ORIGINAL 4UO.  California blue plated...  Im not so interested in all original bikes so this one can probably go.

oh and Jim!  KEEP IT!  its a big boy bike that can go anywhere!

pdxjim

I know all about it.

Every time I see a pic of a 3XV TZR I kick myself for selling mine. 

As I said above, unfortunately I don't have collector money.  If I want a new bike, I have to sell one of the ones I've got. 

This one currently has my eye: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4384288664982658/

Striker1423

If only I won the lotto, I'd just buy you that bike. :)

m in sc

money is a renewable resource. remember that.
:devil:

Milan

Any Pros & Cons to the LC's versus the YPVS later models?

M

m in sc

lcs are simpler, that's for sure. Having dealt with both i actually like the lc more. 

Milan

Both seem to be hard to come by.

I am looking at an 83 350 YPVS, less that 600 miles.

In researching on the net, the power valve seems to help alot with the low end.

M

m in sc

actually the rz has better top end because of the power valve allowing for more radical port timing at high rpm. lcs have plenty of low end. If i were you id budget a min of 7-9k. also low mileage has its own range of issues that might be costly.

Milan

Never figured the low mileage would be a problem.

Just some more break in.

M

Striker1423

Low mileage problems on old bikes (especially 2t's) are that of worn-out dry-rotted rubber. Particularly the engine seals. The longer stuff sits the more dry-rot that accumulates.