rodneya

Wow
He clearly does not understand what all original or excellent condition mean

85RZwade

Too bad about the tank paint. $10,500, huh? I've been surprised before  :umm:
I post waayyy too much

pdxjim

$10.5k is a lot of money.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Milan

I am getting interested in trying to find one of these RZ's

Is there a better year than others?
Wanting the LC not the YPVS unless there is a good reason.

For the one in the add, have not studied, but what would be the non-original stuff?

Thanks for help.

M

pdxjim

Quote from: Milan on January 07, 2022, 11:24:42 AM
I am getting interested in trying to find one of these RZ's

Is there a better year than others?
Wanting the LC not the YPVS unless there is a good reason.

For the one in the add, have not studied, but what would be the non-original stuff?

Thanks for help.

M

Late 1980-1983.  They are all basically the same, with a few changes at the beginning of the run. 

JDM and Canadian market bikes are the most popular here, although they were produced for many different markets around the world, all with subtle differences.  JDM bikes were "RZ350", the rest of the world knew them as "RD350" or "RD350LC".

The one in the ad is mostly standard, with black paint (wheels, forks, etc) being the most obvious non-stock conditions.

Lots (and lots) more info here:  https://www.rd350lc.net/

Here's mine, coz everyone loves pics, right?

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Milan

Thanks for chiming in.

What about pricing?

These bikes in the UK are up around $15,000 USD.

M

pdxjim

Quote from: Milan on January 07, 2022, 12:45:08 PM
Thanks for chiming in.

What about pricing?

These bikes in the UK are up around $15,000 USD.

M

I'm seeing the average good condition all standard example go for about 8-10GBP.  That's $10k to $12k USD.  Prices are crazy over there because the LC acheived a lofty cult status in the UK. 

I'm struggling with accurate pricing as well, as I'm looking to sell mine soon.

RDFL

Tank would probably buff out.

robakun

you need to keep that 4UO man.  its nice looking and you will kick yourself in the head for selling it later.

Yes Pricing is an issue but for California registered 4Y3 with a blue plate that is a bit on the high side but I think still within the range.  Why?  Because it is almost impossible to register these in this stupid state anymore unless you "know someone".  Try looking for one registered in original condition.  please.  supply and demand causes prices to go up and down.  someone with a stiffy will pay for that in the right day.

zedixe13

Just a few years ago you could get a good one here in Canada for less than $1000. nobody wanted them , I know I picked a bunch for $500. - 600. Now they are thin on the ground and even project will run $2000. - 3000. Really nice ones go south of the border , same for RZ350 and RZ500 .

pdxjim

Quote from: robakun on January 08, 2022, 01:41:19 AM
you need to keep that 4UO man.  its nice looking and you will kick yourself in the head for selling it later.

Yes Pricing is an issue but for California registered 4Y3 with a blue plate that is a bit on the high side but I think still within the range.  Why?  Because it is almost impossible to register these in this stupid state anymore unless you "know someone".  Try looking for one registered in original condition.  please.  supply and demand causes prices to go up and down.  someone with a stiffy will pay for that in the right day.

Welcome back, Rob!

My heart says you're right, but my wallet says you're wrong.  I still have the TDR and need a turnkey big boy bike I can ride long distances without worry.  My pockets aren't deep enough to be a collector anymore.

Milan

So I contacted the guy.
Gave him a deposit.
Setup shipping for pickup on the 19th.

He called me back and told me he did not want to wait that long for it to get picked up.
so hes going to refund me.

M

RDFL

If you were willing to meet that price, he's nuts for not waiting a few days.

Milan

Said he had other buyer local, that offered him $11K.

M