click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

the 'brew dude' bike on ebay

Started by m in sc, January 08, 2022, 07:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pidjones

"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

m in sc

hand built frame, special, etc. But i agree, it should have paperwork for what i am sure they are expecting.  Ive seen this bike in person a few yrs ago. IMO it got a lot more press than it deserved, but its cool nonetheless.

AAAltered

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

irk_miller

I'm still getting to know the RD's, but that looks like an R5 to me.  No?

RDFL

m in sc

oddly, thats 70 r5 body work on an rd frame. the side reflector gives it away, r5s arent drilled for those. assuming its an r5 or pre-75 rd250 front end. who knows.

RDFL

Greaser Greg

Not one call about my R5 on Craigslist locally, either. I check ads everyday and see a lot of stuff just sitting there.
Every day above ground is a good one.
'71 R5B "Rusty"  '71 R5B "Decaf"   '99 KZ 250
'97 XL1200S "The Vibrator"   '08 XL1200N  "Greenie" (totalled)
'78 CB750F "The Skunk"   '74 CB550 "Blackie"    '78 Honda Hobbit

m in sc

this is why i know most of my specials are worth dirt to the general public regardless of how well (or poorly) they are done. IMHO, that bike got blown way out of proportion press-wise, and now he's probably stuck with it. It could def use  a rework for resale, it looks pretty rough in real life IMHO, and not due to the salt either.  If he painted it KR colors, fit a decent front brake, sourced a title, and made it street legal by throwing that fairing in a ditch and burning it, prob be upwards of a 5-6k bike.    :twocents:

irk_miller

Even in a non-title pre-85 state like Georgia where I am at, it still makes a huge difference on a sale to have a title.  On a national scale like Ebay, you eliminate the majority of potential buyers.  North Carolina, where he's at, is damn near impossible.  I quit trying to sell non-title street bikes at Mid-O years ago because so many buyers were from PA.  PA people won't come near a bike without a title.

m in sc

bonded title in nc is 300 bucks and some time, I have a few friends up there that have done it. I've titled 5 or 6 bikes in SC that didn't have them. . depends what you know but there's legal routes w out having to call in favors either. just run the Vin on Vincheck and if it not stolen, it's not bad.

85RZwade

I've got a coffee table book by Paul D'Orleans with that bike in it. Says it's a '74 with R5 forks and modified tank. Frame is Reynolds 853 tubing and it supposedly weighs 243 pounds and puts out 60 hp.
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

yup. my goal when I built the lightweight was to make it lighter than that. and I did, street legal with half a tank of fuel too.   :whistle: mines def over 50 hp but not sure. I can say this much, they are hard to ride on the road when they are that light.  :twocents:

85RZwade

You mentioned that before; what do you mean? Like, always wants to wheelie?
I post waayyy too much