News:

Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Yamaha DT250 Stray Mutt hard tail hellride.

Started by irk_miller, January 10, 2022, 05:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irk_miller

Hi Guys,

Here is another build I have going on.  Most focus, atm, is the RD350 LC hybrid, but this one gets some love in-between RD sessions.  A buddy in Pittsburgh passed down a DT250 motor through our Motorcycle Underground Railroad.  It made it to Barber this past fall.  That same Barber netted a DT frame.  The frame and engine years don't match, which mean I'm having to do some frame adapting.  I also bought a BSA bolt on hardtail at Barber, which is welded to the DT cradle.

For the moment, the build is a bit stalled while I look for a pipe.  Being it's a chopper, I was hoping to find a low slung expansion chamber.  I don't think a stock DT pipe will work as well as I hope, but if nothing else comes through that may be the way I go.  If anyone is super familiar with the DT's and can offer some suggestions for a pipe, please speak up.  I'm open to something custom, as well.  I figure there has to be a snail pipe out there that works with these engines, if it comes to that. 

This bike needs to be as stupid as possible.

jradnich

Circle F if he's still in business. JEMCO would be another to ask.

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

pidjones

Or you do a CAD design and Levi welds it up. Or you.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

irk_miller

Quote from: pidjones on January 10, 2022, 09:00:58 AM
Or you do a CAD design and Levi welds it up. Or you.
Funny, he just sent me a link from FB Marketplace for a 33" slip roller.  I've been looking at the Eastwood 12" too.

85RZwade

How stupid  :shocked: like motocross fenders, hand shifter and Gold Wing light bars?
I post waayyy too much

irk_miller

Quote from: 85RZwade on January 10, 2022, 03:41:12 PM
How stupid  :shocked: like motocross fenders, hand shifter and Gold Wing light bars?
The pic doesn't show it, but it currently has a hand shifter.  I'll probably run off road tires of some sort.  Something to rip around a circle track like what pops up in the field at Mid O every year.  I'll probably seek to street title it, if for no other reason than to offer the bike more purpose.  I'm thinking of it as an oversized hardtail mini bike.

pdxjim

Simple answer on the exhaust is a pipe off a modern 250 dirtbike.

Chop and re-route over/under/sideways/down as your heart desires.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

irk_miller

Quote from: pdxjim on January 10, 2022, 06:20:15 PM
Simple answer on the exhaust is a pipe off a modern 250 dirtbike.

Chop and re-route over/under/sideways/down as your heart desires.
Thank you.  This is the answer I was hoping to get.