News:

Deals Gap Shenanigans

Deals Gap 2-stroke meet 2024 : May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Deals Gap 2022 Check-In

Started by AAAltered, January 14, 2022, 10:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueR32

My brother & I are planning to swing by Deals Gap on Saturday May 21st. I know its the tail end of the event. Will there still be some activity or will most of you be headed home?

Kawtriplefreak

There will still be plenty of people there. Most of us stay until Sunday morning.

retaRD

Y'all know I'll be around. 

But hell, I'm just now seeing this about the Happy Valley side of the parkway!?

Surely us locals can go up Montvale under the parkway and down through Happy Valley, right?

pidjones

Quote from: retaRD on March 01, 2022, 09:16:03 PM
Y'all know I'll be around. 

But hell, I'm just now seeing this about the Happy Valley side of the parkway!?

Surely us locals can go up Montvale under the parkway and down through Happy Valley, right?
That's my plan. Coming from Clinton, I'd really rather not ride the RD400c on Pellissippi. Will probably trailer it to the big lot just as 129 starts to climb up from the lake and ride to DG from there.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

dammitsparky

i know i dont know anybody, but im gonna be in the area for myrtle beach bike week to see family.. and it looks like i may be close to having my rd finished.

sorry for the sizing.. i never had an rd, but been on the gap alot if its cool with yall
rd350,rd400 and a few other bikes that need attention

AAAltered

Anyone going to be staying at Fontana Motorcycle Resort?  That's where I'm stationed.  Listen for the yellow R5.

Ed
1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

m in sc

im sure there will be 2t people there, always is. we stay there on occasion, when we cant locate a house to rent. 

paul1478

also getting my stuff ready for Sunday drive up. Took the RD out for a spin and noticed a high idle.
Strange.
went home and thought well maybe I will just adjust it down a little. When I moved it to get the screwdriver in, NICE. Cracked manifold.
Friday noon before the weekend.
FUC....
Ducati down, RD down.
I called EC, and well well, guess who answered the phone. He has a set and can send overnight.
just pending his shipping guy to show up and pay for the overnight shipping.
So maybe just got away with this one
1. did not seize it
2. may still be able to ride this coming week
76 Team Scream RD400
1993 FJ1200
2006 Goldwing
2022 Ducati V2 Panigale

m in sc

ouch! mark d has a cracked ontake on an rd as well, but hes skipping that bike this year. thing hes bringing an rg or something.

TNWillie

I might cruise through early in the week but, in light of my Buffalo still not being complete, I'll be in my Miata.

Evans Ward

Nice turnout this early here at DG!
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

Striker1423

TNWillie

VERY nice turnout for being so early in the week. The weather sure is cooperating.
Keep those pictures coming. I know I'm not the only one living vicariously through them. ;)

m in sc

:olaf: more pics on real camera but so far great turnout!

SoCal250

75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)