Started by 1976RD400C, February 13, 2022, 08:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evans Ward

Outrageous!!  :umm: The world has gone bat sh** crazy!  :eek: :stfu:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

dgorms

I sure hope they through some crank seals in it!
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

Striker1423

doubt the buyers paying that much. no way.

RDFL

If he did I'm sure he is currently looking for a million dollar Gamma.

RDFL

RDryan

Wow that's ridiculous but I guess it's a better bargain than that BAT auction going on now for the restored 73' H2. :whistle: boy does that one stick in my craw. Also I'm really getting annoyed with folks out bidding others with sniper bidding tools on Ebay. What chance does a fella have at getting a decent deal on a dream bike?

m in sc

build your own from a scrap pile. that's how. these things aren't bikes they are commodities at this point.

RDryan

Yeah I think you're right. Just seems like the only way. Unless I was lucky enough to know someone who knows someone or just meet that guy that had one stuck in a barn and not wanting to go to the trouble of listing it on an auction site. But that seems kinda impossible. I did for the heck of it just checked out all the loose parts on Ebay for an H2 and found a titled frame and cases and a few other big items fairly quick. Seemed like I had the makings a whole bike in no time. A bike I wouldn't be afraid to ride due to having too much money in it. Although it could end up being a lot of money at least it wouldn't be deep into the thousands all at once and I would be so inspired to see the bike live and breathe out in the wild. Really that's what bikes are all about, adventure and fun. Like a member on here said a while back, "there's plenty of them in a museums". My thing is just having the patience to make it happen and keep on plugging, I know it would take a long time to find this or that and I wouldn't be able to do everything myself, like rebuilding a crank or boring a cylinder or painting.

85RZwade

RZ frames were les than 500 bucks on eBay for the longest time; tonight they're creeping up to 700.
I post waayyy too much

Striker1423

Alright, who told the millionaires to switch from fine art, baseball cards, and classic NES games to our beloved old bikes? WHO DID IT?!??!!!

dgorms

Striker, it's part of my evil plan to cash in on my horde :whistle:
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

2 Smoker

Quote from: Striker1423 on February 17, 2022, 08:14:52 AM
Alright, who told the millionaires to switch from fine art, baseball cards, and classic NES games to our beloved old bikes? WHO DID IT?!??!!!

It was Kaplan

IR8D8R

If you look at the bid history it was just 2 guys j*eking each other off.

They do not know the secret to successful Ebay bidding. The only way I ever do it is using an auction sniper. It's completely legal. Otherwise you are just costing yourself money by letting someone bid the price up. Sniping also prevents people from bidding up their own auctions.

Set your maximum price and let it be. Posts your max bid in the last 3 seconds of the auction. With Ebay the price reverts to the next increment above the next-highest bid. I've seen two people make a bad mistake of both setting an auto bid sniper at insane money because they wanted something. I decide what I am willing to pay and go with it. If someone wants to pay more they can have it.

IR8D8R