Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

DS7 in the sun

Started by m in sc, March 07, 2022, 10:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

still needs some cosmetic help, but mechanically seems good. did a 65 mile round trip out to hang out with Dad Sunday. 79 degrees in the SC countryside. Not a bad way to spend the afternoon.

should be getting the seat this week, and the actual lic plate as well (right now has the 72 R5 one on it...  :whistle: )

Evans Ward

I'd give anything to be able to do what you did Sunday Mark as my father passed in 2013.  :patriot: He was a WWII veteran but didn't see active combat duty.  :patriot:  Before he and my Mom's 2012 death, I'd ride down to their place in SW GA which was a 300 mile there and back trip. All country roads and small towns along the way. Planning a gas stop was always a necessity.

The DS7 looks very nice as a survivor and no doubt you now have it very reliable.  :thumbs:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

soonerbillz

Kudo's to you Mark for keeping close contact with your father.
My dad passed when I was 5 and of course am jealous of those with those relationships. I tell my son's frequently that it's the most important thing for son's and fathers because it doesn't last long usually.
I'm also jealous of your bike and can't wait till I have my R5  on the road so I can enjoys nice sunny days.

m in sc

Thanks, always have. He's going to be 83 this year. Mom died back in '16 after 13 years of cancer bullshit, she finally said 'fuck it' (her words) and went, about 1 mo before their 50th anniversary, but on her terms.  Bummer, but we were all prepared.

Dads hanging tough, he retired in the mid 90s from the phone company, and has stayed active. I call him every day, and usually go to visit him every week or 2, or he drives out to see us. He's still really good but I can see it coming. (just being realistic). he's seen some shit over his life, he was a kid in WWII and saw his whole city bombed out of existence and all the corresponding horrors that go with that, and never was bitter about it but fucking despises militant Russians.

Came here in the 50's and did the whole Amercian dream thing well. Yes, he's German. Probably the most German man you have ever seen.  (i look like my mom.. that's all i can say).  :whistle:

msr

I'm here for this becoming a Mark's Dad Appreciation Thread. Everyone loves that guy.