News:

Deals Gap Shenanigans

Deals Gap 2-stroke meet 2024 : May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Rotor puller recommendations

Started by Aloha808, April 23, 2022, 07:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aloha808

I was hoping someone could recommend a good rotor puller for a daytona.

I tried the uppermost engine mounting bolt with an impact with no success.  I am afraid I my mess something up if I keep trying with the engine mounting bolt.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

RDryan

You may want to check with Economy Cycle. They're a forum sponsor here. However before I was aware of the existence of this forum or them as a retailer for most all RD stuff I acquired this special bolt from HVC Cycles. It threads into the rotor and pushes against the crank to pull  the rotor off. It's been awhile since I did it and I only did it once. I'm thinking you may also need to find a safe and effective way to lock up the crank to keep it from spinning while your threading in the bolt. I think what I did was pull the clutch cover and wedged in some piece of wood or a rag/combo between the primary gear and that large clutch basket gear. Not sure though, that may not be necessary. Anyway check out the link I found for the HVC bolt, it's cheap enough.

https://hvccycle.net/fly-wheel-rotor-puller-hvc200136/

m in sc

its an m10x1.25 bolt if im correct. get a long threaded one, and oil the threads and use a small impact, should come off. might need to back it on and off a few times

Aloha808

Got it!

I had to back it off a couple of times and try again, but it came off.  Thanks Mark.

RDryan-Thank you for the advice too.  I am going to add that bolt to my HVC list.

RDryan

No problem, happy to know it worked out for you and nice that Mark chimed in with the bolt size. I saved my bolt somewhere in the RD tool and parts chest but all that stuff gets buried on top of other stuff and I just hope that I never need to use it again.  :umm: :shocked:I know from experience that the best way to remember stuff like this is buy either doing it, reading about, writing about it, or talking about it. Then at least for me I'll remember when the time comes that I have to do it all over again. I will also say I wish I had found this forum sooner before I started taking my bike's engine apart.

Hawaii-Mike

Quote from: Aloha808 on April 24, 2022, 01:25:08 PM
Got it!

I had to back it off a couple of times and try again, but it came off.  Thanks Mark.

RDryan-Thank you for the advice too.  I am going to add that bolt to my HVC list.
Russell,
Save yourself a few $ and buy a 10 x 1.25 at City Mill instead of buying it from HVC.  Nothing special about it, it's just a bolt.

Aloha808

Hey Mike.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Next time I am at City Mill, I'll buy one.