Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

A7 Clutch

Started by DonRZ350, May 07, 2022, 08:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonRZ350

Got it apart today. Slipping so bad it wouldn't overcome compression on kicking. It's been sitting for few a few years. Got a couple questions.

I always ran the recommended motor oil in the trans, but put some Belray gearsaver in it before I parked it up. Would that cause a problem?

When I pulled it apart the gasket ripped, which sucks as I don't have another. I prefer to glue them to the cover and grease the other side, but the permetex stuff I used last time let me down.
Any gasket glue recommendation will help.

I'm going back to Rotella 15-40 in the tranny as it has always worked in the other bikes.

Where I think I screwed the pooch when I put this back together is by putting all those little rubber nubs back in between the clutch discs. Most of them were hard as rocks lol! Thankfully I picked up another clutch, so the plan is to use the best parts and get this going again.

Hardy

I found the clutch on my wife's A1 samurai to be a prick of a thing. There was not a lot of adjustment before it started to slip.

Check the usual things first.

If that fails, I ended up reshaping the ramp on the throw out plate and fitting an aftermarket lever perch.

Hardy