Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Canadian source for machine work? and sleeving

Started by Liability, June 23, 2022, 04:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liability

Ive got a set of RD400 barrels on the final bore, and a crank that needs a rebuild.

I talked to a place a couple years ago in Mississauga that does banshee cranks (KMM Powersports), didn't ask about the sleeves at the time...

Anyone got a source in Canada (preferably southern Ontario) that can do the work. Ive already got a line on sleeves from Advanced Sleeve.

I always get worried sending parts to an unknown shop...

Whats the general opinion on RD cylinder sleeving anyways? And are Banshee cranks "close enough" to an RD to use the shop? Thanks

Hawaii-Mike

It's usually more affordable to find a used set of cylinders and have them rebored, instead of resleeving.

rodneya

You can also get the bores nickasil coated if they are still in decent shape.

bitzz

Karasa will have no problems with a RD400 crank... except there is no stock anywhere of rods.
Willy at Wasp Performance in Ajax or Gordie Bush can build cranks too.

Resleeving cast in place RD jugs is doable... if you want to. If you're going to give it a go, I have a pair of Millennium rd400 sleeves and a set of RD jugs that you can have for cost
(I am in the Kawarthas) (...and I think I have a rebuilt RD400 crank on the shelf)

Liability

Bitzz, i might just have to take you up on that offer. I will be in the Kawarthas July 22-24th!

I havent ben able to find a good used set of RD cylinders, the ones i have are too far gone for nikasil.