Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Time Warp Tea Room, Knoxville, TN end of an era

Started by pidjones, June 24, 2022, 09:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pidjones

Unless something big happens, Tuesday June 28th will be the last gathering at the Time Warp. But, the bikes will still gather! Last meeting, it was voted to gather at Twisters about 0.7 miles North of the Time Warp at the corner of Central and Quincy. Has a nice parking lot, their food is popular, and they have invited us and will stay open later for us on Tuesdays. Of course, things may change as Dan gets little communication from the new owners in California. The club will be having its normal monthly meeting this Tuesday, also. Wishing Dan and Peggy an awesome retirement! BTW, if you are anywhere nearby, all are welcome to look at bikes, BS with vintage bikers, sample some of the coffee, tea, soft drinks, smoothies, sandwiches etc. that is available. And look at all of the great motorcycle and racing memorabilia that Dan has collected through the years.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

747drvr

I'm disappointed i never got a chance to meet you guys at the time warp. maybe i can meet you guys at the new venue. keep me posted on when the next gathering is. i would be riding from Maryville, so i would probably ride the Z-1 since it's the most reliable. lolol  the rz seems to get me in trouble as well!!

IR8D8R

I keep intending to go but I haven't made it either. Partly hesitation to ride my RD down Pellissippi Speedway. I'd hate to break down between Topside and Northshore. Long walk out of there.

747 if you go let me know. Id like to tag along. Send me a text.

IR8D8R

pidjones

My photos are not great, but hopefully will convey the large crowd there last night to see Dan, Peggy, and the Time Warp Tea Room off to retirement. So many bikes (all but one ridden in - that was Dan's chopper rolled out from the back of the Tea Room).

>>>We will continue to gather ~0.7 miles further North on Central (corner for Central and Quincy) at Twisters each Tuesday starting next week.<<<

SoCal250

Looks like a really cool place. Bummer that it's coming to an end.
Nice turn out for the owners' send off!
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

747drvr

hey pidjones , what time do the bikes usually start arriving?? i recognized a few faces in the crowd from the pictures you posted !! sorry to see time warp closing up. hopefully the new place will be just as successful !?!?!? :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

pidjones

Quote from: 747drvr on July 04, 2022, 01:04:30 PM
hey pidjones , what time do the bikes usually start arriving?? i recognized a few faces in the crowd from the pictures you posted !! sorry to see time warp closing up. hopefully the new place will be just as successful !?!?!? :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
I usually leave home (just North of Clinton) around 4:30, take back roads and get there about 5:15 and half of the guys are already there. Clinton Hwy is sucky around rush hour, so I take Racoon Valley and Heiskel to Central. Going home, I can take Central to Callahan to Old Callahan to Clinton Hwy and most of the traffic is cone by 7 pm. Don't know about from South. Maybe Broadway/33 from Maryville to Chapman, but from there North I wouldn't know. Of course, if you drive it is easier and several do drive cages (I do in bad weather).

747drvr

I didn't get a chance to make it tonight. I drove up to Kingsport to pick up a new edition to my bike stable. 1982 Suzuki gs1100e. Too nice to pass up at the asking price. Let me know how the new venue and turn out went?? Not to mention it was 98 degrees today!! :bacon: :bacon:

Evans Ward

Glad I got to experience it in person as a large group of us rode up from Deals Gap one year. We found the vintage game room right before we needed to leave.  :whatever: So, missed out there. Coming back was an adventure as one in our group (rdcharlie) had ignition issues so stopping in the dark every 10 miles or so was needed. I think we got back to DGMR by midnight. The Dragon at night is quite the experience!  :eek:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

pidjones

Last night Twisters was packed! Everyone inside enjoying the AC, food, and conversations. The bikes were there, but we have to find a way to get some shade for them in the summer months (they are on the opposite side of the street from Time Warp, and evening sun streams right in). But we'll figure it out. We may be old, but still adaptable. Heck, I rode in on a Spyder!