News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

My 77 rd 400 project

Started by TRA2strokes, July 08, 2022, 07:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRA2strokes

I figured it's time to show my project. It started with a phone call from my dad that a friend was selling a 77  rd 400 that he would be able to get to and wanted it to go to a good home.

After a phone call a deal was made on the bike, a set of really nice dg heads amd some spec 2 pipes new in the box.

I've got the bike stripped down and ready to go to powder coat next week as well as having the motor going out for vapor blasting and a crank rebuild.
Were did the 10mm socket go? I've looked everywhere and can't find it!

RDryan

Looks like a nice score and off to a great start. Congrats! :thumbs:

dgorms

rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

Hawaii-Mike

TRA2strokes

Yes Thank you Dennis for a deal and a dream to have another 400.

Got everything ready to go to powder coat tomorrow and the motor sometime this week.

Sanded on my rear wheel to clean up the lip on the wheel.

I have a new project expected in the mail tomorrow :cheers:

SoCal250

Congrats on the new acquisition. Looking forward to seeing the progress.
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

pdxjim

I hope you can talk your brother into helping   

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

TRA2strokes

Yes it would be nice and I would love to get my heads and cylinders O ringed but I don't see that happening in a timely manner. I'm going to have to source it out through someone else.

I went to try to drop off my stripped down frame and bits to get powder coated only to be told it would $1,100. That was a quick no...

Motor is off getting the bottom end done up. Cases are getting vapor blasted, new rods, nachi bearings and new seals. Super excited to get that back and start taking steps to getting this thing down the road.

pdxjim

Are you getting the blasting done at Motorsports Engineering down here in Portland?
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

TRA2strokes

I stopped by today to have a peek at my bottom end  and it's almost done!
Had to get a new shift shaft but so far so good. Cases are vapor blasted amd my side covers will be getting cerokoted gloss black

Dropping off my frame to get powdercoated this weekend

Dvsrd

I have much more faith in supporting the 2 inner mains in V-blocks, than the whole crank between centers, for checking runout.