Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Electrical Connector fitment, yaziki/sumitomo

Started by Liability, July 25, 2022, 09:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liability

Years ago I bought a few kits off Cycle Terminal. I beleive they are Yaziki 6.3mm (.250). The problem I'm having is they don't plug into the stock RD sumitomo connectors. Slightly different. I need a female 6 pin. The last one I cut off a stock RD harness and re-pinned it (the one with the 3 white wires), but now I need another.

Anyone got a source or name for a connector they know that fits? I would just replace both with yaziki but it's not an option in this case. And I can't find another harness to cut up atm. Kind of hard to tell from internet pics if they are "compatible". Thanks

teazer

Agreed.  Vintage Connections and sister company SparckMoto.com are excellent source of electrical components.

Another place to add to your list is https://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Connectors/connectors.html  They have a number of different sealed connectors and relays. They also have OEM style connectors that Suzuki used back in the 70s and had to import some to repair various GT750 harnesses and alternators recently.

Liability

And those connectors sold from those vendors plug into stock yamaha connectors, correct?

m in sc

i know the vintage connections ones do. Ive not used the others but i would guess so.