This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Spare Connecting Rods

Started by Milan, July 22, 2022, 01:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milan

https://www.ebay.com/itm/251350562456

would like to have some on hand if I ever re-piston.

Anyone know if these were OEM.
And worth it.

M

bitzz

Rebuilding a crankshaft requires some specialized equipment and knowledge. It's not particularity difficult, but few people are doing it.
Unless you have some particular need, it is cheaper and easier to buy a Banshee crank.

I want silvered Suzuki big end bearings, upgraded Koyo mains and copper thrust washers... so I buy the center "chunk" from Yamaha... and it ends up costing about 150% of a "Vito" crank.

rodneya

Quote from: bitzz on July 22, 2022, 06:24:42 PM
Rebuilding a crankshaft requires some specialized equipment and knowledge. It's not particularity difficult, but few people are doing it.
Unless you have some particular need, it is cheaper and easier to buy a Banshee crank.

I want silvered Suzuki big end bearings, upgraded Koyo mains and copper thrust washers... so I buy the center "chunk" from Yamaha... and it ends up costing about 150% of a "Vito" crank.

It may have cost a bit more, but now you have a quality crank, not a "Vitos" pos

Pravin

Quote from: bitzz on July 22, 2022, 06:24:42 PM

Can you please share the part numbers for Suzuki Silvered bearings and what do you mean by upgraded Koyo Mains ?

I may have to go through the process soon ..

Cheers,
Pravin

bitzz

97-07 Suzuki RM125 09263-22060
Wiseco B1047 (I think, check that they're "silvered")
proX 22-222816F

For main use a standard Koyo B6305NR-C3, it has 8 balls (OEM has 7) but no "PIP". The Koyo is rated for a higher speed and load (both static and dynamic) I use the Koyo NOT because they're better, but because they're 1/4 of the price of OEM... better is a side benefit 

Pravin

Thanks for info :)

Cheers
Pravin