Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Riding post vasectomy

Started by 2 Stroke Jamoke, August 13, 2022, 07:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 Stroke Jamoke

Hey everyone, I have a kind of personal question, if anyone has had a vasectomy did it affect your seat time/ discomfort while riding? How long till you were good again? Cheers -Ian

The Red Scourge

I'm curious to know as well.  I'm working on scheduling one now.
'76 Yamaha RD400C
'71 Kawasaki G3SS
'88 Honda CBR400RR
'90 Yamaha FZR400/600 hybrid

rlgrantjr

A couple of weeks of some pain. But everybody's going to react differently.  When I had mine years ago, the doc did not have me numb enough and when he cut one of the tubes, I about hit the ceiling. He says, oh you felt that?

2 Stroke Jamoke

I had mine yesterday, feelin p good all in all. Not to sore. What part of NC are you in man? I'm in Durham, let's ride!

rodneya

I think it depends a lot on the doc and the type of procedure done. Some of the newer procedures dont seem to involve as much cutting and stitches as they used too years ago.
I drove over 1000km 2 days after I had mine, and I tore the stitches and got an infection. Lots of swelling and quite painful.  Id give it at least a few weeks.

pdxjim

NBD initially, but a few months after I developed a granuloma, which was painful AF.

Riding hasn't been a problem since that resolved itself.

Woods, street, snowboarding, etc. no issue.
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

msr

Had one about 8 years ago. Would suggest giving yourself a couple of weeks, but you'll likely be fine after that for riding.

pidjones

Had mine in '90. Hard to remember, but I know that I wasn't supposed to swim for a couple days. Had it on Friday, went to church Sunday and back to work Monday. Wasn't riding at the time. Had green light laser on prostate about 12 years ago. Told me not to ride for a month. I gave it two weeks and even though winter and riding a GL1800 started commuting on it again. Was careful not to drop it or put myself in a strain.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

The Red Scourge

Quote from: 2 Stroke Jamoke on August 13, 2022, 10:31:52 AM
I had mine yesterday, feelin p good all in all. Not to sore. What part of NC are you in man? I'm in Durham, let's ride!

I should update that.  I'm in Asheville.
'76 Yamaha RD400C
'71 Kawasaki G3SS
'88 Honda CBR400RR
'90 Yamaha FZR400/600 hybrid

85RZwade

Similar here; had mine in 2003 and went back to work the next day. I don't remember putting off riding, and I was mostly riding off-road then, almost every weekend.
I post waayyy too much

Plasticman

I waited 30 days.  No issues after that.

Wife hit every bump in the road she could find on the way home after the procedure.

Rob
1976 - RD400 - road racer
1977 - RD400 - project (single shock/cartridge fork/modern wheels/brakes)
1978 - RD400 - Auburn themed motorcycle
1979 - RD400 - Daytona (under restoration)

Brad-Man

Quote from: Plasticman on August 18, 2022, 10:02:53 AM

Wife hit every bump in the road she could find on the way home after the procedure.

Rob

How many kids did she have by then?
Toys don't make the man - Man makes the toys.
1974 RD350
1975 RD350/400 project
1985 BMW K100RS

747drvr

i did mine all by myself!!!  half a bottle jack, a sharp exacto knife with a pointed tip, knitting needle and a coat hanger!!  saw it done on youtube and thought "what the hell".   :olaf: :olaf:

85RZwade

I'm afraid to ask what the coat hanger was for...
I post waayyy too much

Plasticman

Quote from: Brad-Man on August 18, 2022, 02:42:32 PM
Quote from: Plasticman on August 18, 2022, 10:02:53 AM

Rob

How many kids did she have by then?

1976 - RD400 - road racer
1977 - RD400 - project (single shock/cartridge fork/modern wheels/brakes)
1978 - RD400 - Auburn themed motorcycle
1979 - RD400 - Daytona (under restoration)