Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Single cylinder Vape ?

Started by soonerbillz, August 20, 2022, 05:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soonerbillz

Trying to work out what will work on my RT1 360.
  I see HVC sells the Vape for the motor bu the description says it doesn't support turn signals.
Bottom line for me is I want a 12 battery supported system with electronic ignition and full light capability.
Am I out of luck for this bike?

m in sc

the battery supplies the voltage to the turn signals, so no reason it wouldn't. does the vape for this have a charging system? also, John at economy can get you one, and we get a forum discount. ;) Just ask him.  :gentleman:

soonerbillz

Quote from: m in sc on August 20, 2022, 05:19:24 PM
the battery supplies the voltage to the turn signals, so no reason it wouldn't. does the vape for this have a charging system? also, John at economy can get you one, and we get a forum discount. ;) Just ask him.  :gentleman:

Thanks Mark for the reply
You know I see the R5 and RD based systems with battery do supply power to the turn signal system and but everywhere I look,  every vendor I look at, they all have the same thing they're saying that it doesn't work on a single system like this. I don't know if it's the same. Is there a difference between the single cylinder Vape or are they the same?
These are some questions that i have on this.
Oh yeah I would love to only use economy because he's been so good to me. Taking care of every issue I had so far so if I can get some answers tat you know and so I got a lot of work to do but this is really important part for me
Again thank you

m in sc

i have no idea whay the single system charging wouldnt support a battery, running turn signals, that makes zero sense. probably referring to using signals w no battery? dunno.

1976RD400C

I see they make an AC and DC version. Maybe there is some confusion, and the AC version won't support turn signals because the flasher won't work right on AC? It looks like the AC one is running the lights on AC and doesn't use a battery, it just has an AC voltage regulator. The DC one has a rec/reg and uses a battery and I would think the turn signals should work ok other than the flasher may need to be a 12 volt one other than 6 volt.  :umm:
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

m in sc

that makes sense. if theres a dc version def go that way. or rectify the ac one.

soonerbillz

irk_miller

The ones they make for our RDs is wasted spark, so it probably isn't any different for a single.  You can absolutely add a battery and lights.  You can also run turn signals off of ac current.  Non-electronic turn signals don't care about polarity.  They just need the current to heat up the dissimilar metal in the relay to get the blink.  Pretty sure they make electronic blinker relays for ac, too.  LED and incandescent lights both work off ac or dc.