Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

shiny billet heads for your RD

Started by rodneya, September 06, 2022, 07:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2steve

Seems like the "deathtrap" verbiage ties into the "Dumb idea. I'm doing it anyway" 2 stroke T-shirt concept that has been previously mentioned.

747drvr

Quote from: IR8D8R on September 26, 2022, 03:49:08 PM
Working on the theory that if your bike is a deathtrap POS and you add new shiny bits, it will at some point cease being a deathtrap POS and become a nice machine?

At least by popular consensus since there's no real rating system.

Asking for a friend.

IR8D8R
i resemble that remark !!!   :whistle: :whistle:

Hawaii-Mike

What do you guys think of the VP logo on the sides of the heads?  I would rather not have the VP on them, maybe I'll change my mind later.

rodneya

Quote from: Hawaii-Mike on September 27, 2022, 07:49:15 PM
What do you guys think of the VP logo on the sides of the heads?  I would rather not have the VP on them, maybe I'll change my mind later.

Looks like he will make up a bunch of heads and only cut the domes and oring grooves when an order is placed. May not be an option on the logo. I think it looks alright with the satin finish

1976RD400C

Here's a quote fron Mark Morrow on his race yesterday:

"Huge thanks to all of my sponsors, but especially my newest sponsor, Vin Borbone, who created some pretty trick heads that turned out to be simple, easy, bolt on performance. The bike was a rocket ship from the first time I opened the throttle and I swear, it's gained nearly 500 more rpm in powerband width, as well as more power overall! "
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

Makr

Those heads are beautifully machined.

busa1300

The heads look beautiful, but the ebay listing shows a dyno graph with a high of 43hp at the rear wheel...
Is that a good number for a 400 ?
What kind of rear wheel HP do they do stock?

RZ350-RZV500R-TZR250RSP 3XV2
RGV250 VJ21 SP/VJ22 SP/VJ23 SP
RS250 for track - KD80 - JR50 for kids
https://youtube.com/@wedgehorsepower9869?feature=shared

teazer

Good Question.  My interpretation of that chart was that with the billet heads there's a steady 1-2HP gain across the rev range compared to the stock 41HP. 

I would speculate that the difference would be larger on a modified motor, but maybe not.  I haven't tested different heads on an RD.  Does anyone know what difference say a DG head made on a stock motor for comparison?

They do look beautiful though and the machining is amazing.