Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

HPI Mini rotor 60w system. Poor spark - help pls

Started by ajb, July 08, 2022, 01:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

it can be clocked however you want it tbh. since the rotor doesnt have a keyway and all... .02

ajb

I should get some HPI parts to test by the weekend, will update this thread when I've had a chance to give them a whirl.

Thanks.

teazer

Hope you work it out.  If you were closer I would suggest you bring all the parts over and we could run them on the ignition test jig and see what's going on.

It's not sophisticated but enables us to test timing, spark strength, revs it starts to fire at, revs it breaks up at but I don't run it over 12,000 revs because I hate to have metal parts shooting across the shop if/when thing break.

ajb

Quote from: teazer on August 04, 2022, 03:33:09 PM
Hope you work it out.  If you were closer I would suggest you bring all the parts over and we could run them on the ignition test jig and see what's going on.

It's not sophisticated but enables us to test timing, spark strength, revs it starts to fire at, revs it breaks up at but I don't run it over 12,000 revs because I hate to have metal parts shooting across the shop if/when thing break.

Thanks. Let's see how it goes, fingers crossed!

ajb

Just to wrap this one up, got the 400 finally started up on the HPI system.  Now to take it for a spin.

A float was stuck on on carb, also the coil connection was slightly loose.  Happy days.