Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Yamalube- Same or Not?

Started by Aloha808, September 24, 2022, 02:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aloha808

I ordered the red label yamalube from amazon.  I was sent the blue label yamalube.

Does anyone know if they are the same, just a new label?  I want to be sure.

Thanks

Evans Ward

I experienced the same thing with Yamalube 2S with a gallon I purchased recently. Probably the same oil types but new labels.
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

1976RD400C

Same thing here when I ordered some 2R. I sure hope it is the real stuff.
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

Aloha808

OK, then probably just a new label. 

Thanks

Striker1423

It is the new label. Saw these at the dealer.

m in sc

I have a stupid question. is the r only for premix? they have both at the dealership. I -seriously- don't know the difference as i usually ran the honda GN2

Striker1423

2S is for watercraft, 2R is for dirtbikes. Both are injector-capable oils.

See Teazer below. :)

teazer

There sure is a lot of confusing and contradictory information out there.  Looks like:

2M is for marine use
2R is supposedly full  synthetic 2 stroke oil specified for YZ series dirt bikes through the label suggests road race as well.
2W is for personal watercraft
2T is for direct injection sleds
2S is semi synthetic for street motorcycles scooters etc ie moderate performance or moderate operating conditions

2S has a reputation for leaving black oily film on pipes etc. but is perfectly adequate for a stock or mild RD or RZ. I use it in my street RZ and never had any issues, but in a lower specific output GT750 it tens to leak black thick mess from any and all pipe joints. In the RZ, no smoke to speak of.  In a GT lots of smoke. I think that could be because a GT on the street doesn't run as hard or as hot at an RZ.

I just bought another bottle of 2S and it has the new blue label.

1976RD400C

I use 2R in everything, premix in my hot rod RD, and I put it the oil tank of my RZ and stock RD. It seems a tad thick but no problems in the injected bikes.
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

m in sc

ok. i ran some 2r in the grom (its premix) and seemed ok. just wasn't sure as its not on the bottle.

thats right. yamalube, for a suzuki motor, stuffed into a mini honda.

Striker1423

I'm gonna run the old 2s in the gt750 too. Once whatever is in the tank is 95% gone.

Evans Ward

I run 2S in all 3 of my vintage 2 strokes which all run the oil injection pump.
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

kpke

Same as Evans. Been running 2S for over 10 years in oil injection bikes. I usually buy 6-8 gallons at a time to amortize shipping costs. Haven't bought it in a while though cuz riding quite a bit less. Interesting they are shipping the 2R in place of 2S. I keep seeing this for the 2R "Yamalube 2-R is a high-performance 2-stroke blend" though teazer said below "2R is supposedly full  synthetic 2 stroke oil". 2S says "This technologically advanced semi-synthetic base stock and additive 2-stroke engine oil provides". So is 2R 2 stroke blend the same as 2S semi-synthetic? Thinking of switching to full synthetic on the 500 to see if it will reduce the spooge out the exhaust.
https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1
Hord of RZ350's
RZV500 R6 Suspension and Bodywork
R1 LE #158

Striker1423

I run the 2S because I got it out of the drum at my local dealer. It had been written off for years. They sold me the rest of the drum (around 8 gallons) for $3 a gallon. In fact, this deal actually started prior to that when they sold me the leftover drum of BRP synthetic snowmobile oil (when I still had my sled). There was around 20 gallons left in it I got for around $275. The manager pocketed the cash and I left happy. My brother ran that oil in his fishing boats and multiple outboards and I in my sled and eventually my G3SS and RD250 when I first got them.

Unfortunately the last gallon of BRP oil I had I dumped into the sled thinking I was going to ride a lot that last season. Weather didn't cooperate and the oil tank developed an unknown leak when I had pulled the motor last. So, go out to the trailer and the floor is stained deep with oil. Sure enough 75% of that gallon tank slowly drained out over the months. Sucked. That BRP oil new is around $60 a gallon!

I have about 5 1/4 gallons of 2S leftover. But due to Yamaha mislabeling some quarts 2S and 2R on both sides of the bottles, I got like 8 quarts of whatever it is from the same dealer for free haha. It pays sometimes to know mechanics etc. at the local stealerships.

m in sc

ive run 3 tanks of fuel on the LC premixing the 2R since i have it, and its really good but it does leave a blacker residue (than the GN2 i normally run) . I personally dont care but seems fine by me.