This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Insurance Poll

Started by msr, September 26, 2022, 05:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msr

Hi everyone,

I'm considering doing some insurance shopping and was curious to know who you like/tolerate. Anybody have any favorites? Or horror stories of companies to avoid? I've been with Nationwide for other purposes, but they seem insane for bikes.

Thanks,
Matt

Hawaii-Mike

I have a friend who does motorcycle towing as a business.  He says Geico is easy to deal with, when you have towing included in your policy.  If free towing is not needed, State Farm works for me.

pidjones

I've had Dairyland for a few years. On a Spyder and two (soon to be three) classics. All of the others increased my rates because we have not had any loans for about 20 years.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

Plasticman

I have Geico, had had since I moved to Alabama.  I've never needed to use them, so don't know how they are for claims.  Farm Bureau was very good to me when I had a claim back in the 1990's.

Rob
1976 - RD400 - road racer
1977 - RD400 - project (single shock/cartridge fork/modern wheels/brakes)
1978 - RD400 - Auburn themed motorcycle
1979 - RD400 - Daytona (under restoration)

Striker1423

I just use Progressive cause it was easy. But, Michigan, being the only no fault state left in the whole of the USA, my rate for one bike PLPD is $275 a year.

1976RD400C

Somehow I get a good deal with Progressive. 5 bikes for $180 a year total with 500K liability. When I added the little YL1 twinjet it when up $11.
'76 RD400 green  '76 RD400 red   '84 RZ350

m in sc

^ basically the same. this thread prompted me to contact them and ask for an 'old bastard' rate today, and they said i already had it. :dawg: its dirt cheap especially with multiple vehicles and no claims.

sav0r

With two bikes currently insured I am around $150 a year. I'm 36, no accidents. I don't know if the coverage is worth it or not.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

AAAltered

Cost aside, please please please get a "Stated Value" policy.  When my R5 went under water in Sandy, my $6k stated value, minus 20% to buy the bike from insurance company, was barely enough to rebuild it - especially considering I could not do it myself due to lost home, lost tools, and a million other post disaster issues.

Eric, eyeballing the project for the first time back in 2012:

1971 R5
1976 RD200
2022 Moto Guzzi V7 850 Special

irk_miller

I've been using State Farm for 25 of the last 30 years.  I even have life insurance policies for my kids.  They've never failed me. I use roadside often. LOL

sav0r

The local tire shop didn't have crinkle walls in your size?
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

irk_miller

Quote from: sav0r on September 28, 2022, 06:14:31 PM
The local tire shop didn't have crinkle walls in your size?
I went to a Mickey Thomson radial after cutting that tire, even on the strip.