Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

RZ350 fork brace

Started by Evans Ward, January 14, 2022, 08:12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evans Ward

Hi John,

Can you advise when the beautiful polished billet RZ350 fork brace will be back in stock? I'd like to purchase yours and will be buying one before the end of April. Thanks!
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

85RZwade

:dance: Brother Evans: if you don't find THAT brace, I'm swapping forks on my RZ soon and have an old Telefix brace available. It's arguably not beautiful, painted black and cast...but functional! If you're looking for patina, I'm your man.
I post waayyy too much

Evans Ward

Quote from: 85RZwade on January 14, 2022, 08:28:27 AM
:dance: Brother Evans: if you don't find THAT brace, I'm swapping forks on my RZ soon and have an old Telefix brace available. It's arguably not beautiful, painted black and cast...but functional! If you're looking for patina, I'm your man.

Hi Wade,

I have a Telefix that was on my RZ that I removed and took down to bare metal and polished out that I'm planning to use on my GT750. That took hours! I'm dealing with replacing the 8 holes with time certs right now for the side fork clamps. Thanks for the offer though! Telefix is a good fork brace just looking for more bling factor on my RZ.
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750

Economy Cycle John

sorry I must have missed this post Evans, thanks for asking.

Yes I am planning another batch some time this year but won't make April though sorry.

I'll update this post when they're done.
john
www.EconomyCycle.com - RD/RZ Parts, Services, Tools, Accessories & Swag

Evans Ward

That's great news John! Yours are beautiful and affordable. I know many others are ready to purchase it too! You can put me down for one.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I also want to encourage all to support Economy Cycle with your parts needs purchases as John is one of us and helps out so much for our hobby/ passion!
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750

Economy Cycle John

Kawtriplefreak

I just bought a black one for the Gray Ghost project.

Economy Cycle John

Quote from: Kawtriplefreak on December 01, 2022, 06:32:24 PM
I just bought a black one for the Gray Ghost project.

Thanks very much!  :thumbs:

Kawtriplefreak

Economy Cycle John

SOLD OUT - New Batch Coming 2-3 weeks.

SoCal250

Hey John, any plans to offer one for the RD350/RD400?
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

Economy Cycle John

I would, but it's tough with the RD and the fender in relation to the fork lowers/boots. Most guys want to keep the fender, or a fender, but the dimensions just result in an alkward looking fork brace. I think that's the main reason they aren't avaiable like they are for other bikes. I've had 2 machinists draw some up but none got me juicy so passed on them. In the RD market it has to perform well and look good for it to be viable for EC. So I haven't given up but it's in a holding pattern for now.

SoCal250

Quote from: Economy Cycle on December 30, 2022, 05:14:39 PM
I would, but it's tough with the RD and the fender in relation to the fork lowers/boots. Most guys want to keep the fender, or a fender, but the dimensions just result in an alkward looking fork brace. I think that's the main reason they aren't avaiable like they are for other bikes. I've had 2 machinists draw some up but none got me juicy so passed on them. In the RD market it has to perform well and look good for it to be viable for EC. So I haven't given up but it's in a holding pattern for now.
Yep I agree, it is not as straight forward design-wise on the RD due to the fender interference. I fall into the group you describe; I want it to look nice and perform, but I'm not wanting to delete my front fender. Keep us posted if anything develops in the future. :thumbs:
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

m in sc

brace up the stock fender support on the bottom... stealthy and works well. ive seen it done before, doesn't take much. .02