Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Rear Break Master Cylinder

Started by IICYCLE, September 30, 2022, 01:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IICYCLE

I installed the fj 1200-1100 rear master cylinder kit 2 years ago on my rd400 and have found that when the rear brake is applied the master cylinder shaft does not want to return to its resting position. I have disassembled the master cylinder and it is nice and clean. the return spring seems to be good. I applied some rubber friendly grease to the rubber seal and the shaft returns easily. Should i leave it at that or is there another issue perhaps the seal is swollen. Im using synthetic fluid.

Thanks

SoCal250

Sounds like the bleed port may be clogged. See the info in Chuck's post: https://www.2strokeworld.net/forum/index.php?topic=1621.0
I usually run a piece of copper wire into the hole to make sure it's clear. Then run it through my ultrasonic
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

IICYCLE

Ya I seen Chucks post and made sure the small hole was clear but the master cylinder plunger is still very slow to return to its resting position. The master cylinder bore seems good but maybe try to clean with a green scratch pad ?

pidjones

Quote from: IICYCLE on October 02, 2022, 07:52:20 AM
Ya I seen Chucks post and made sure the small hole was clear but the master cylinder plunger is still very slow to return to its resting position. The master cylinder bore seems good but maybe try to clean with a green scratch pad ?
Too course for me. Maybe 1200 grit with isopropyl alcohol to flush and lubricate the abrasive - and make sure the piston cups are on the correct way and lubricated with brake fluid.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"