Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

1984 Yamaha Gray Ghost RZ350 And So It Begins

Started by Kawtriplefreak, October 24, 2022, 07:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawtriplefreak

It can't ever be easy. Apparently the height of the 28 MM RD carburetors is different enough to be an issue. With the adjuster screwed all the way in the cable is short. I have different adjuster and cap parts coming to overcome this courtesy of M in SC.

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

m in sc

Yup., looking at thet, the tops i sent should be about 10-12mm shorter at the adjuster tube. should so the trick.  :humpty:

Kawtriplefreak

:patriot: :patriot:
I agree. Waiting for the big brown goody truck  :righteous: :righteous:

SoCal250

Quote from: Kawtriplefreak on March 01, 2023, 10:05:51 AM
Waiting for the big brown goody truck
:ups:

Those carb bodies cleaned up really well! They look great  :clap:
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

Kawtriplefreak

Thanks! I am so glad I got that ultrasonic cleaner. It really does do a nice job.

Mgmark

Excellent progress Tim. I'm looking forward to seeing it at the Gap.

'75 Yamaha RD350
'75 Yamaha TZ750
'19 Triumph T100
'80 Moto Guzzi SP1000

Kawtriplefreak

Thanks. The goal is to have it ready for the trip. Slowly but surely.

Kawtriplefreak

Haase modified cable adjusters. A perfect fit :righteous: :righteous:

Kawtriplefreak

28s mocked up. The new cable adjusters are perfect. Slides open and close full travel. Thanks again M in SC :patriot:

SoCal250

75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

Kawtriplefreak

R6 cooling fan mock up in progress. Not too bad a job. Just takes time.

I use one Adel clamp and a frame tab on the other side adjacent to the coolant recovery tank. Still fiddling with the brackets. Ran out of play time and had to get ready for work. I also took the throttle tube and housing back off for lubrication. I sprayed the inside of the throttle tube with silicone spray and gave the cables a good dose of Dri-Slide. All in all a very productive morning.  60 days till Deals Gap!! :metal:

m in sc

Kawtriplefreak

p

Today I spent my play time after chores fitting the fan some more using the white RZ as a guide for placement. It is like trying to get 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound sack. I thought I had it perfect and tightened everything down. Then I  couldn't get the radiator on because the fan was too high :umm:
Apparently my calibrated eyeballs are a bit off. So I took it back loose and bent the brackets to the new position. As depicted it fits but is too far away from the back of the radiator. Playtime was over.  Tomorrow after chores I will get it right and lock it down. It is all part of the process. All in all another good 1.5 hours of shop time. If memory serves the white RZ took about 1/2 a day to do this job not including wiring so I  am ahead of the power curve.

Kawtriplefreak

R1 fan mounting complete.

It is mounted just like the one on the white bike now. I got it done in an hour this morning after chores.