News:

Mat Oxley 1986 IOM TT

click above to read more about Mat.

Main Menu

Banshee powered RD400 restomod

Started by RDryan, November 19, 2022, 08:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDryan

Whilst doing a "2 stroke" keyworded search on Ebay I came across this.  with an opening bid set at $1500 or more of course reserve is not met I left wondering what it's worth? Check it out, wicked cool custom build
https://www.ebay.com/itm/175496785484

EDIT: shortened link

rodneya

Not a big fan of the headlight or seat, or those Chinese rear sets, but the swingarm looks pretty good in there.
The Banshee motor is gonna need a RZ trans for the street.

m in sc

id say 3k everywhere else, probably 5-6k in California. sum of it sparts and all. it is 'savable' though. (not restorable, but done to a bit better taste & Function)  :twocents:

sav0r

Definitely a see in person type of buy. It seems like a lot of bike upfront but it could be a total mess.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

Jspooner

The chambers look like old school Spec II and also look like they are on the wrong sides.
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

SoCal250

Quote from: sav0r on November 20, 2022, 09:20:54 PM
Definitely a see in person type of buy. It seems like a lot of bike upfront but it could be a total mess.
My thought too. Could turn out to be a whole lotta re-doing and correcting issues.

And the fact that he hasn't followed through with the title/reg here in CA could turn out to be a bucket of worms, even if he has the "Inquiry Report" as stated in the listing.
It's a hard pass for me.
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

rlgrantjr

Why would someone put that much money and effort into a build that does not have a clear title?  It's a collection of parts waiting to be spilt up.

RDryan

Yeah I really like how the tail section and the seat and tank all fit together. To me it just seems like a lot of creativity went into putting it all together but not perfect. Better than I could make it and I agree it seems like a happy combination of a lot of go fast parts. I bet it even runs good??? Definitely had a hurdle to get over for it to be titled I imagine living in California but the Vermont process I imagine with a bit of fudging would be doable. Just takes time and my guess is maybe more personal life,stuff just took over. I wish I lived closer to take a look at it. I would probably just throw my other bike's plate on it and ride it anyways cause I have a habit of doing that. It looks like my 75 rd250, new and improved on roids :taz: :devil:

rodneya

$3850  Reserve not met.
Id be interested to know what his reserve was

RDryan

Me too, maybe all it would of taken was another couple hundred bucks to own it?