Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Fairing on Kaw

Started by Milan, November 20, 2022, 12:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sav0r

I wish we had a 'like' function (not really a good idea) because this thread had me cracking up.

I wonder how many miles OP plans to ride on his 250 2t that a windscreen is needed?
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

m in sc

the trail 125 guys will put on full 'barn door'  shields and every adv adventure accessory on a 9 hp bike for some reason as well...  to each their own i guess.   

i kinda get it, especially for bug deflection, that ride i took along hwy 98 on the panhandle on that CB 750 i had, even w the screen, was a study in entomology massacre, so i get it for that. 

Striker1423

That's a fly screen. Looks fine and does deflect some of the wind, and bugs.

m in sc

yup. the dart on my cb. was the least intrusive i could find.

Moriniman

eBay cheapo flyscreen on my CBX.

1971 Kawasaki H1A Mach III

AtLarge

Not bad. If functional then cool. I think the color more than anything just throws it off.
1973 Honda CL70-K3
1975 Kawasaki 350 F9-C
1994 BMW K1100RS
2023 Honda CRF300L Rally ABS

Milan

I would plan to paint it black, or match the green.

Also may remove the blinker flares & just flatten out

M

IR8D8R

I put a Dart "Marlin" on my XSR. The curvature reminded me of the old classic 1/4 fairing and keeps the wind from hitting you in the chest and not much else.

I have a version of the cafe 1/4 fairing on my RD. $35 from a defunct company called Lockhart Phillips. Mad Max aesthetic. It covers $500 worth of ugliness on the steering head.
It's exactly the same POS as Emgo is selling as the "Viper" for $103 on Revzilla. Identical. Somehow it looks like it belongs on a 70's 2-stroke to my retro eyes.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/emgo-universal-viper-retro-cafe-fairing?sku_id=960622.

I liked it a lot better for $35 than I do for $103. You can find the Emgo version cheaper than that... Strangely I have no photos of my RD with it mounted. Odd because of what I have staring at me from the shelves in my office. ...Like little eyes mocking me. No excuse for not having photos dammit. I used to take a lot of them. I started to feel like it was annoying so I quit. My ex-wife took all the photo albums.

The one you have looks (to me) like an aftermarket Harley fairing. Being for an HD it's up to $200 more expensive than the Emgo wherever it's listed. Probably would look less obvious if painted green as perfectly as the bike looks. Gorgeous little machine.

IR8D8R

m in sc

that dart is the same one i have on the 1100 with different brackets.

as far as the viper, it is a very mad max look. a -very- early pic of the 1st version of the hybrid, i cut the screen down and had it on the bike for a while. I kinda dug it.. actually, i still have the fairing.

Striker1423

I have the same cheap ebay one I put on the RD for a while. It was...meh.

The Red Scourge

Mark, is that an '87 or '88 300zx I see back there?
'76 Yamaha RD400C
'71 Kawasaki G3SS
'88 Honda CBR400RR
'90 Yamaha FZR400/600 hybrid

m in sc

that was my old 87 actually. also have had an 84 crossover year (datsun/nissan)  2+2 and a 90. ex wife had a bunch as well including a 1st year nismo 350 (#308) and an 04 roadster.

good eye btw.

The Red Scourge

Quote from: m in sc on December 06, 2022, 02:23:15 PM
that was my old 87 actually. also have had an 84 crossover year (datsun/nissan)  2+2 and a 90. ex wife had a bunch as well including a 1st year nismo 350 (#308) and an 04 roadster.

good eye btw.

Awesome!  I had an '84 turbo in high school.  It was pretty clapped out, but pretty damn fast.  I love Z's.  I'd really like to get my hands on a clean Anniversary Edition.
'76 Yamaha RD400C
'71 Kawasaki G3SS
'88 Honda CBR400RR

m in sc

yeah, thats what i had. it was pretty nice. I probably should have kept that one.

The Red Scourge

Quote from: m in sc on December 06, 2022, 10:46:02 PM
yeah, thats what i had. it was pretty nice. I probably should have kept that one.

Only 5,000 made too.  A lot of them rusted out or got scrapped.  These days a really clean one seems to run around $8-10,000.  I'd love to find one with a good interior even if it has rust and needs engine work.
'76 Yamaha RD400C
'71 Kawasaki G3SS
'88 Honda CBR400RR