News:

Deals Gap Shenanigans

Deals Gap 2-stroke meet 2024 : May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RZ350...#2

Started by 85RZwade, October 05, 2022, 01:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

85RZwade

I may have posted about this before, but it's been a busy year and my memory is not my best feature. I'm moving and had to get this rolling in a hot minute, so the front end went on temporarily. Got me excited about this project again! '85 RZ350 with FZ600 swingarm, Fox shock, 600 or 750 Katana rear wheel, CBR600F4 forks and triple clamps and CBR929RR front wheel and brakes. Gilles tooling clip-ons. The forks are on the wrong sides, I know. I was in a hurry, remember?

Temporary home with friends; next stop is with me, so I can work on it again. And the RD. And the LC. And put the CBR suspension/wheels/brakes on RZ #1...winter is coming, right?
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

nice! project equity for the winter.  :olaf:

NoRiders

Another 2smoker build...coolio :)

Vintagetz

Honda parts on a Yamaha   :umm: ?????  Blasphemy! Blasphemy! Blasphemy!  :bang: :bang: :bang:

(to each his own)

FWIW,  the offset on those CBR forks looks relatively short, this will increase the trail and will result in stability but it will slow down the handling.

dgorms

Dude, we're not purists here!
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

85RZwade

Vintagetz, going forward, remember that the word Blasphemer! is intrinsically funnier than blasphemy. Make sure to extend your arm fully when pointing in accusation, and your face should be a mask of self-righteous indignation.
That being said, you're right, and f course. I actually enjoy the blending of brands, and if it chaps a few hides, so much the better.
You're also right about the offset, and the wider tires will also slow the steering. I put a 110 on the front of my RZ once, and it handled noticeably slower. C'est la vie, it's all an experiment, and if I don't like it I will change it. Maybe some KTM forks...
I post waayyy too much

RustyRD

oh lawd,  I have Kawasaki parts on my Yamaha    got to love the creativity and engineering that goes into our projects. :taz: