Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

2 stroke tuners guide

Started by kramdua, January 24, 2023, 03:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kramdua

i am sure this has been on here. i came across this manual and it is full of great info. http://www.2strokeengine.net/gordonjennings/twostroketunershandbook.php
8 year absent.
back in action.
virginia.

rodneya

There is good info in there, but just remember that it is 50 years old and a lot of what is mentioned in there is very outdated and modern tuners are doing things quite different.

SoCal250

It's in the Tech Library. A lot of other useful stuff there too. :thumbs:
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

kramdua

even if it's old knowledge i like to read to see how things have changed.
8 year absent.
back in action.
virginia.

85RZwade

I like the books by A. Graham Bell and John Robinson, too
I post waayyy too much

edgefinder

i remember as a kid looking at my 125 elsinore cylinder and thinking WTF? Then the guys who I thought had a clue started slinging shit and I wondered if anyone knew WTF. I started working in a machine shop, not auto related my senior year 1978. One of the engineers helped me take apart and put together my brothers bmw 2002 motor. He explained the function of every part and how cam timing works. We were also setting up screw machines cycling several tools with cams all at once but not interfearing with each other. Then he showed me how the 2 stroke was the same only different with less parts. He had never seen the inside of one. I was on a Maico 490 by then and most of what he said was way over my head but as years past I clued in to each thing he taught me. I stumbled onto an add for Jennings book in the back of a magazine and freaked out, you mean people write books on this? I started searching magazines and buying books. It was 20 years later I found a Weber carb manual and realized what Bob the engineer was trying to say about port velocity. But back to Jennings book, its like Blair and they were formulating equations to be used in computer modeling that hardly existed yet. When I got Bell's book it was down to earth, these are parameters all good running motors share, how to adjust things and stay within what should be a good range compared to other features. How to decide what feature is the bottleneck holding things back. But yeah Jennings book is a must read like knowing math but use a calculator. Hell I hope to learn how to use dads slide rule before i'm gone

Luke