Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RD350 billet generator cover

Started by rodneya, February 10, 2023, 02:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodneya

Think its the same guy making the billet superior style heads in India.

Maybe leave the factory racing bit out, but I think they look pretty good.
No pricing details added so far

m in sc

i saw that today too. curious what he wants for them.

sav0r

If truly billet and not from a casting that is machined that's an expensive part to make here.

I would hope it's from a casting and I imagine it is. It looks pretty good. Some polishing would make it really nice.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

Jspooner

It's nice but I guess I don't see the point of it. What wrong with the stock ones?
"Just quit brain fucking it and get it done"

dgorms

Quote from: Jspooner on February 10, 2023, 08:06:37 PM
It's nice but I guess I don't see the point of it. What wrong with the stock ones?
I think it'll make your bike go faster!
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

m in sc

its neat. i kinda dig it. id paint it black then sand off the raised part.

IMHO, they should make a 'short' one for vape or pvl or other cdi equipped bikes. i did that on mine years ago. etched it with a centerdrill on the cnc machine, was bored at lunch one day. still on there like 15 years later. lol. 

Hawaii-Mike

Quote from: Jspooner on February 10, 2023, 08:06:37 PM
Right! There are plenty of other things that I'd waste money on before buying that.

2 Smoker

Quote from: m in sc on February 10, 2023, 10:19:02 PM
its neat. i kinda dig it. id paint it black then sand off the raised part.

IMHO, they should make a 'short' one for vape or pvl or other cdi equipped bikes. i did that on mine years ago. etched it with a centerdrill on the cnc machine, was bored at lunch one day. still on there like 15 years later. lol.

That looks great

85RZwade

I like the idea of Mark making the short covers available. Joe would have to acknowledge the weight savings!
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

really wasn't a weight thing, especially on the hybrid. just thought it was dumb to have like 1-1/2" of empty space there. Even if it was plain, made like a stock one but short, you could put a stock reproduction decal on, would be sweet. .02

85RZwade

I post waayyy too much

SoCal250

That thing doesn't do anything for me. :undecided: I'll stick to stock, thanks.
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

sav0r

I suppose if I was going to go through the hassle of this, instead of doing billet aluminum I'd just 3d print some molds and make a forged carbon version. It would be a bit more work, but it would be lighter, and it would snazzy. When I look at the billet one, I think to myself that it should be tumbled to give it a casted look, which defeats the purpose entirely.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

oxford

Personally, that billet one above would be cool if you made it yourself.  Buying it, not so much.

bitzz

Quote from: oxford on February 13, 2023, 05:58:40 PM
Personally, that billet one above would be cool if you made it yourself.  Buying it, not so much.

Buyer's that are impressed with shiny billet pieces don't own a mill, and people that own a mill aren't impressed with shiny billet pieces