Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

my 3d printed Y boot has arrived for large carbs

Started by m in sc, March 13, 2023, 10:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

So, years ago i had this post, and mentioned the intake. https://www.2strokeworld.net/forum/index.php?topic=2122.msg18153#msg18153

I sat on the file for a while and finally reached out to Steve Burgess (the guy that 3d prints all the stuff for rds in the uk) to try to do this.

well, finally got a result.    :whoop: :celebrate:

lower support. it keeps the carbs supported nicely, all the 'bad' flex on the intakes is basically negated.

excuse the embarrassing rusty bracket that will be removed very soon.

also.. test fit to matts 400.

i need to make the neck after the y about 1" shorter, and set it up to use a shorter all foam filter. this sill not clear a battery box of any kind, and the filter isn't really -ideal-, but this should work really, really well  as it is for me.  After i get the 2nd revision done, and IF Steve wants to sell them, they will be good to use on bikes with battery boxes.

this clears the frame rails by a mile, does NOT neck down anywhere in the bends. Hopefully can get an updated design done and over to Steve so he can offer them if he's willing.

Kawtriplefreak

Hawaii-Mike

I'm curious if the material is a little bit flexible to handle vibration.

m in sc

it is. not as pliable as a stock y boot but pretty good

85RZwade

Superior! What's the ID of the carb bellmouth end?
I post waayyy too much

m in sc

2steve

m in sc

I havent tuned it yet but i assume its going to have to go up on the main.

m in sc

shorter version to clear battery boxes and use a uni up-4300 already drawn up and sent. this will be the one that would be good for basically everybody. i would imagine it will fit an rz as well. we shall find out.

Evans Ward

Nice work Mark!  :thumbs: I can see it selling very well once released to the lay public/ market.  :clap:
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV

Kawtriplefreak

I am a player for 2 if they aren't too pricey.

m in sc

did some test runs and tuning yesterday. will go up 1 on the main but ran great as it was. played with needle and pilot, but landed back where it was (middle) as with the uni filters.

HOWEVER, the low end and transition into the power band was MUCH better and midrange was way more linear. so, actual useable improvements.

terrorizing the local business parks. there was a guy out there on a yzf250 as well cranking big wheelies across the fields as well, came over saw what i was up to and we both  :affirmation:

m in sc

Steve just posted a pic of the 'new' prototype i drew up last week, shorter and accepts a flanged air filter, should clear battery boxes.   :cheerleader: