Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Manual

Started by RDFL, March 19, 2023, 09:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDFL

https://www.thedrive.com/news/thieves-try-to-steal-vintage-brabham-race-car-foiled-by-manual-transmission  Saw video on news a couple of guys forced someone out of car at gas station got in a minute later they got out ran off because couldn't drive it. Heard about it many other times.

RDryan

Ha,ha to think driving stick is the only limiting factor in a potential car theft. I have a friend who claims manual transmissions are millennial proof. Last October I bought myself my first new car. It's not much to brag about except to say that I was reluctant to fix my old car that I had for four years and while I loved it (5 speed) I was going to have to replace the flex pipes in the exhaust for a second time and she burned oil and the a/c needed to be repaired as well, the car was a money pit but I loved driving it, made money with it(2009 subie outback). Anyways it seemed like a good idea at the time and the timing was right, I think to get a new car. So I traded in my old car for a 2023 subie crosstrek with a 6 speed manual transmission. Nothing like a new car, everything works perfectly and that 6 speed gearbox is just so slick to operate. The car is pretty gutless with 150hp but rev it out in 2nd,3rd and 4th gear to tick over 4k rpms and she gets right up to legal highway speeds. It's a car the does a bit of everything but not much very well and still achieves 27 avg. mpg. so for me that's a win but I guess it's the last year Subaru will offer a manual transmission for this car and really not many new cars have manual transmission options. In a way this car is very reminiscent of my relatively stock rd250, it's kinda slow but just well balanced and very fun, to drive like the rd250 is to ride. I found a pic on the web of my car and finally figured out how to make it my avatar here, my car is the same color, ice silver. The car in my avatar is fully decked out with a two inch lift, oversize tires and extra lights, mud flaps, heavy duty bumpers and a winch. Kinda neat what folks do to em, they call it a overlander although Idk if I would do much four wheeling with a crosstrek, they just have a cult following much like the vw bugs or for us the rd's.