This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

RZ

Started by RDFL, May 04, 2023, 01:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

Striker1423

I just read that too. I'm sure it'll be some terrible throwback motorcycle. I'm tamping my expectations lol.

rodneya

Probably going to be a letdown. Not sure if electric would be better than 4 stroke

m in sc

they may be renewing it so somebody else doesn't use it.

I'd prefer an EFI 2t final hurrah model, but im not holding my breath either.

85RZwade

An EFI 2-stroke, like the Langen...dare to dream. Yamaha could do it, if they wanted to and could justify the small sales numbers, I think. I'm going to hold my breath and research used kidney prices.
I post waayyy too much

SoCal250

Hopefully Yamaha doesn't go down the same path that Ford did. Ford ruined the legendary names of Mustang and Lightning with 2 really stupid electric vehicles. As a long-time owner of both performance ICE models, it more than just pissed me off! :rant-1:
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

m in sc

agreed. that was just stupid. at least the kawi H2 was a no joke balls out bike.

bitzz

Quote from: 85RZwade on May 04, 2023, 04:00:33 PM
An EFI 2-stroke, like the Langen...dare to dream. Yamaha could do it, if they wanted to and could justify the small sales numbers, I think. I'm going to hold my breath and research used kidney prices.

Since we're dreaming... Skidoo/Rotax has a turbo two stroke that passes California clean air... and my impression is Yamaha is much smarter than Rotax... MUCH SMARTER

RDFL

may well be a 4T like the H2, Yamahas answer to the ZX4.

BlueR32

My dream bike....a 450cc triple?

oxford

Quote from: 85RZwade on May 04, 2023, 04:00:33 PM
An EFI 2-stroke, like the Langen...dare to dream. Yamaha could do it, if they wanted to and could justify the small sales numbers

Yamaha should do it based on the sole fact they single handily destroyed 2-strokes in MX/SX.