Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Honolulu Bikes + Coffee 5-13-2023

Started by Hawaii-Mike, May 13, 2023, 08:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawaii-Mike

For starters, I met Andrew with his Deals Gap shirt. I said "they are there" this weekend, then he realized I was talking about the 2 stroke guys. Silly me, I thought 2 strokers ruled Deals Gap!  Andrew rides a 2016 50th Anniversary R1.  I said "Oh, that's the one with the Kenny Roberts paint job, right?"  He didn't know who Kenny Roberts is.  I guess I am getting old!

Typically I am the sole 2-stroke rider at Bikes and Coffee in Honolulu. That was true today as well but there were some other interesting bikes!  Paulo and his son rode Japan import VFR400's - 1992 and 1994 models. Paulo also has a 2 stroke project at home in his garage, either an R5 or DS7.

We rode down to Lagoon Drive, next to Honolulu Airport for pictures.  A guy on a Triumph Tiger saw the KH400 and followed us. When we parked, Jake told us he just moved here from Japan and he has a couple of 2 strokes. I believe he said one is a KX500 which is street legal then another is a 50cc Kawasaki.  I'm looking forward to seeing his bikes.  Jake is in the Air Force, he's the big guy in the photos.