Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

DG chambers can maintenance

Started by Kawtriplefreak, May 31, 2023, 07:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawtriplefreak

I had a few minutes today before work so I thought I would take the loose can off of the RH chamber on the Gray Ghost RZ and repack it,then come up with a fix for the loose rivets. Looks like I will be ordering some perforated tubing. Glad I didn't just replace the rivets to tighten the can. This could have blocked the exhaust and caused real problems.

sav0r

Is that the stock DG perforated tube with a DG mod or did you put new perforated tube in when you did the mod?

For the GT750 my father managed to find some stainless perforated tube, makes things a little more complex but it won't ever go bad. It was expensive though.
www.chrislivengood.net - for my projects and musings.

rodneya

Quote from: sav0r on June 01, 2023, 12:24:27 PMIs that the stock DG perforated tube with a DG mod or did you put new perforated tube in when you did the mod?

For the GT750 my father managed to find some stainless perforated tube, makes things a little more complex but it won't ever go bad. It was expensive though.

Those are RZ pipes, so that is the way they are made.

I had a set of FPP's that did the same thing and I just split a 4" piece of perf pipe I had and put it over the break and brazed it in.

m in sc

you can get the perf tube on ebay cheap, la choppers i think, in 1" dia stainless, ive used it.

Id add the 'brace' along the tube that FPP did on their later pipes to keep them from breaking like that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124162289779?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=5psyAZEHS_y&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

see below

Kawtriplefreak

Ordering the perforated tube from eBay today. I also have a set of Toomeys that have a broken perforated tube so I am ordering enough to do both sets of pipes. The Toomey have a crack and a dent. The dent is minor and it can wait until winter when I can fill it with water and freeze it. Thr crack needs to be brazed. The Toomeys are constructed a bit differently so no grinding or brazing to repair the perforated tube. I am also considering buying Twidgets Spec IIs because I am a pipe hoarder.