Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Tire? Which are you using on your bike?

Started by soonerbillz, June 20, 2023, 10:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teazer

When I did a quick check online I don't see a lot of skinny 18" tires.

- Dunlop recommends the TT100/K81.  No sportmax in 18" sizes that would fit
- Avon race tires are no longer available and Roadrider 2 have limited availability and that is possibly old stock.
- Continental have some nice looking ContiAttacks but many sizes are out of stock.  Looks like I could go with a 90 front and 110 rear but they are a lot more $$$ than say a Bridgestone BT46
- Bridgestone BT46 seem to be available in 90/90 and 100/80 front and suitable rears
- Shiko 712 are probably available but not sure I want to go that way.
- Pirelli list a new version of the old Phantom tire we race with decades ago, but no suitable sizes
- Metzler lasertec is available in 110 front and 130 rear which is a bit too wide IMHO

Not sure what else is available.  Looks like many of us are using old tires  :whistle:

m in sc

I just put on a set of BT46s on the 72 R5, they are really good. For vintage look, last year i put a set of IRC block treads on the Ds7, because, its slow and was dead stock, but they actually worked really well.

RustyRD

Pirelli mt75 on my rd and Dunlap 404 on my kz650.

teazer

More great input.  Thanks. 

I could not find the Pirelli MT75 in current Pirelli catalog but I did find the Sport Demon, but all the suitable rear tires are out of stock, so that bird won't fly.

Just after I decided on the Sport Demon, that hope was dashed.  Like the Avon sport tire I fitted to the Ducati and no matching rear available to match it.  I checked the AVON US site again and it says that RoadRider Mk11s are available.  I need to search again or stop wasting time and buy a pair of BT46s.

Or I could leave the 30 year old CompK's on for a few more years....

BT46 has the best range and not expensive.

teazer

I found a pair of ContiClassicAttacks at Partzilla and tehy arrived in 2 days.  Boy are teh carcasses stiff.  This could be fun trying to get them fitted. 

Odd that they are so much softer than 30 year old Metzlers.  Who would have thought... :whistle:  :umm:

rearwheelslider

Shinko 712 has my vote for cheap and effective. I have done a track day on a bike with twice the weight as an RD. (CB900F) They did just fine and even started to ball up a little.
1979 RD400F Daytona with Wicked chambers, Y boot, PWK30mm's.
1982 CB900F
2008 Speed Triple 1050
2001 CR250R