Seizer

Those boots. Whites?
My guess..
Wildland firefighter
Logger
Lineman

Am I close?

SUPERTUNE

RD machine work, boring, porting, cranks and engine building.

Chuck 'SUPERTUNE' Quenzler III
Team Scream Racing LLC
1920 Sherwood St. STE A
Clearwater, FL. 33765
cqsupertune@tampabay.rr.com

SoCal250

Quote from: retaRD on May 27, 2019, 04:06:33 PM
Back in '09 I rode from Knoxville TN to Portland OR.

I remember when you did that ride :olaf:  I also recall those way-cool PBR silencers!
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

retaRD

Quote from: Seizer on May 27, 2019, 09:18:46 PM
Those boots. Whites?
My guess..
Wildland firefighter
Logger
Lineman

Am I close?

Lineman!  Yep!  Bought from a local now defunct army navy store. 

While riding across Nebraska sand hills they got PACKED FULL of grasshoppers.  Literally packed to the brim, the whole bottom of my bike and wheels was filled with grasshopper carcasses!

Later that night at the campsite I saw a daddy long legs eating the ass end out of a grasshopper that was chopped in half on my rear wheel, the grasshopper was still "alive" and trying to claw it's way from the feast... but just like National Geographic says, we mustn't interfere with nature.

It was gnarly. 

Yes, Lineman boots!

retaRD

retaRD

Quote from: SoCal250 on May 28, 2019, 12:37:35 AM
Quote from: retaRD on May 27, 2019, 04:06:33 PM
Back in '09 I rode from Knoxville TN to Portland OR.

I remember when you did that ride :olaf:  I also recall those way-cool PBR silencers!

I need to dig up the good photos..

Striker1423

Wow and I thought 120 miles was a decent ride lol. Well I must admit I did that more than once on my old Kawi 90. That was brutal,  reaming the poor bikes neck so I wouldn't be run over everywhere I went.  Eh oh well. Everyone's Speed Racer in Michigan it seems.

idr5c

My longest single day with the R5 was about 220miles when I rode the Kancamagus Hwy. Ended up using more oil than expected and had to switch oils in-situ to Irving Trax, which smells like birthday cake to me. Fun day!

Stephen Phillips
WMRRA #494
http://www.wmrra.com

Old Brit

The worst thing about riding an RD long distance is shit fuel economy and oil is pricey. 

[/quote]
Spare a thought for us poor Brits, with fuel @ $6.70 a US gallon (68% of that is tax !) and $10 a quart for semi-syn 2T oil, not that it bothers me of course :tellit:
Fortunately me rather old rear end can only take about 120 miles or so on my RD these days otherwise I'd have to save up just for a ride out  :)

Clem

800 plus miles in 2 1/2 days. Arms were numb for a week after from those clip ons.