News:

Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

Machining services (boring/porting/crank rebuilds/etc.) recommendations for RD's

Started by rdsarefun, August 10, 2023, 06:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdsarefun

Wanted to ask some of the forum members who(m) they would recommend for machining services.  I have some feedback already, wanted to get a larger consensus of anyone reputable in the continental US, quick search yielded few results.

Thanks, Brian

Striker1423

Ed Toomey can do it all. But, he does cranks well.
Bill Bune does cranks and boring.

rdsarefun

Appreciate the feedback. As these bikes get 'older', the skillsets and individuals who work within/run competent machine shops (specializing in these bikes) are getting harder to find as people are aging out. 

pdxjim

RB and then Garrett were my guys for the past 15years. Dunno who to turn to now. 🤷�♂️
Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

pidjones

I know that Ed Toomey delivered some work to a friend of mine in the paddock at Barber last year.
"Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"

2 Smoker

Ed Toomey recently did my machine work bore, stg II porting, transfers,intake exhaust, head and crank rebuild with a really descent turn over and descent pricing.

Even straightened bent fin and welded a broken fin that was hard to even find after but of course I knew where it was located.

Also had the heads and barrels recoated with polished edges.