Expansion Chamber from Indonesia

Started by jradnich, October 14, 2023, 12:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

oh ffs. lol. these guys.

hope the pipe shows up

:help:

85RZwade

I stumbled across a facebook page for an outfit called Retrodyne yesterday. He does tuning, engine building and makes pipes. Good looking stuff; maybe he's an option for ya
I post waayyy too much

svgarage

Quote from: jradnich on February 18, 2024, 09:50:20 AMI was looking over messages between myself and the seller. The pipe he sent was not the one he sent me a picture of. He sent me a photo of this pipe installed...on a twin shock DT100. I was able to get in touch with him in December. He said he was very busy with a big Christmas order. After Christmas, no response to my messages.
I finally opened a claim with PayPal and that got a lot of response. He's going to have someone send the pipe out right away. Then a message to please drop my claim. Sorry he has been slow to respond but he's in the hospital (along with a photo of someone in a hospital bed with a IV drip).
So I'll wait and see if it actually shows up.
Be very careful about dropping your claim before the issue is resolved. I had an issue with a vendor not refunding money for an item that I had already sent back. I started a claim with my credit card and he suddenly became very communicative. He convinced me to drop my claim, because he saw that the credit card had already issued me the refund. Well that was the "provisional" credit, meaning that credit was in lieu of the money from the vendor. My only option when I dropped the claim was that the issue was resolved. So the credit card took back the provisional credit. Now I had no refund from either the credit card, the vendor and I had no product! The credit card would not let me reopen or start a new claim on the same issue, so I was stuck hoping/praying that I wasn't going to get hosed.

If you drop your claim with Paypal, just be aware of the possible implications....
A goal without a plan is just a wish.   ~ Antoine de Saint ExupĂ©ry

jradnich

Quote from: svgarage on February 18, 2024, 12:14:47 PMBe very careful about dropping your claim before the issue is resolved. I had an issue with a vendor not refunding money for an item that I had already sent back. I started a claim with my credit card and he suddenly became very communicative. He convinced me to drop my claim, because he saw that the credit card had already issued me the refund. Well that was the "provisional" credit, meaning that credit was in lieu of the money from the vendor. My only option when I dropped the claim was that the issue was resolved. So the credit card took back the provisional credit. Now I had no refund from either the credit card, the vendor and I had no product! The credit card would not let me reopen or start a new claim on the same issue, so I was stuck hoping/praying that I wasn't going to get hosed.

He asked me to close my claim several times. I did contact PayPal and asked them to place my claim on hold to give the seller a chance to deliver the correct pipe.

m in sc

leave it active, don't put it on hold

soonerbillz

Yup
 Never retract a claim until resolved
 I found out the hard way

SoCal250

:agree:
I would leave the claim active until the seller gets everything resolved. It's on them, their F-up.
There are too many shysters online to give anyone the benefit of the doubt. Trust no one! (a lesson I've learned from nearly 25 years of buying/selling on eBay)
75 Yamaha RD125B   75 Yamaha RD125B (project)
75 Yamaha RD250B   75 Yamaha RD200B (project)
73 Yamaha RD350     77 Yamaha RD400D   79 Yamaha RD400F  
91 Yamaha TZR250R  89 Yamaha FZR400   05 Yamaha FZ6   
05 Yamaha XT225TC  82 Honda MB5  02 Aprilia RS250 Cup (sold)

rodneya

Quote from: 85RZwade on February 18, 2024, 12:01:29 PMI stumbled across a facebook page for an outfit called Retrodyne yesterday. He does tuning, engine building and makes pipes. Good looking stuff; maybe he's an option for ya

Guys name is Gary something, and he makes some really good stuff. Mark Morrow is a racer active on a bunch of facebook groups and he runs Retrodyne pipes.

pdxjim

Quote from: 85RZwade on February 18, 2024, 12:01:29 PMI stumbled across a facebook page for an outfit called Retrodyne yesterday. He does tuning, engine building and makes pipes. Good looking stuff; maybe he's an option for ya

Retrodyne is Gary Braun in Minneapolis.  He is a fantastic machinist, welder and fabricator.  Very knowledgeable about all things 2T, and seems like a real nice guy too.

https://retrodyne.wixsite.com/retrodyne1

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

RDnuTZ

Quote from: jradnich on October 14, 2023, 12:35:25 PMI ordered a pipe for my 79 DT125 from Indonesia. It was $270 with shipping, It only took 16 days from ordering to get it. The pipe is stainless steel, welds and construction look good.
I inquired about RD pipes. He sent some pictures for both AC and LC bikes. His RD pipes have manifolds and slip in pipes, not a solid flange like the DT pipe.
The seller deals through Facebook, name Kenzo Knalpot Racing. He's also on Instagram.
Quote from: jradnich on October 15, 2023, 12:54:23 PMI had some time to try installing the pipe this morning...and it doesn't fit. I'm going to have to contact the seller to see what he will do to correct this problem.

If you end up stuck with that pipe I might be interested in taking it off your hands. I had a 1979 DT175 back in early 1980's and was able to modify stock pipe and silencer to make it scream. Can share details if you wanted to give that a try.
1986 TZR250R Restricted Japan Domestic market bike (Project)
1977 RD400 (Project)
1974 RD350 (2) (Projects)
1973 RD250 (Project)
2022 Beta 300 X-Trainer, Yamaha Vintage MX, YZ (18)

jradnich

I just saw something interesting. A member of a Facebook group I belong to listed a 79 DT125 for sale. He's in England. His bike is a twin shock model and the downtube is different then my monoshock bike. Apparently in some parts of the world, Yamaha still used the older twin shock frame in 79.

jradnich

He sent another pipe. I set it in place and it looks like it will fit. When I get it mounted, I'll take a photo or two and share it.

It's really too bad that I had to file a claim with PayPal to get some action from him. It's a really good looking pipe and the cost was reasonable.

2 Smoker

Glad it worked out for you, and the pipe is sweet.