Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

What bars go with rear-sets?

Started by general_piffle, November 12, 2023, 04:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_piffle

Evening all. I've bought a pair of rear-sets, going to 'de-lug' the frame. I'm probably not flexible enough (AKA, getting too old) for radical clip-ons. So, what other profile/type of bars still look smart with rear-sets but offer a bit more comfort?

Just looking for ideas and opinions  :thumbs:

oxford

You can get some high rise clip ons if you want that style of bar.

High rise clip ons

Probably "superbike" low bars for a traditional mounting with "drag" bars being a little lower.

Clubman's would be another choice but I think they are as low as regular clip ons.

I used XS tubes on my forks which were 2" longer than RD. This stuck them out the top of the triple clamps and let me run traditional clips on the tops side of the triple clamps so they weren't so low.

m in sc

i have daytona bend bars on my 72 R5 with rear-sets.

i do have a new seat coming, but this is a very comfortable setup bar/rearset wise.

85RZwade

I'll let you know how this works out
I post waayyy too much

pdxjim

Yup. Low rise Superbike style bars are the way to go.

Wasting time on 2T forums since the dawn of the internet. '89 TDR250, '13 300xcw, '19 690smcr, '56 Porsche 356A

Kawtriplefreak

I concur. I am 5 feet 10 inches and superbike bars with Vintage Smoke rear sets on my 75RD350 is a perfect fit for me.

general_piffle

Some great suggestions here, thanks. Love the look of those Tarozzi high rise clip-ons and looks like they offer loads of adjustment without having you hunched over. Superbike bars also look great.

Think I might go with Renthal superbike bars in black. Trying to add as many 'black' touches to the build as possible to keep the chrome to a minimum. Cheers all.