Deals Gap Parking lot triage, looking at sunroofed #2:

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

dammit. I mean, sweet. (KZ650)

Started by m in sc, November 20, 2023, 01:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m in sc

stock gauges. they are sort of faded but work well. if they get weird, i'll get some of the reproduction z900 ones. I hate 'too' modern of a gauge on an old bike, looks out of place if the rest of the bike is cosmetically vintage.

RustyRD

Mark, I have a set that I do not need. If you are interested I can send some pics.  Cheap.   Basically postage

m in sc

Hey,

Mine are working but a bit faded. got any pics? 

RustyRD

I will snap a few, mine are faded some also, sorry.

m in sc

yeah looking at mine... not really bad at all. also a few update pics.

Kawtriplefreak

RustyRD

nice looking progress, is that the stock front caliper? here are some pics of my set of gauges, I have the idiot light cover also. I think what you have looks better than what I have. They do function.

m in sc

thanks. yeah they are pretty similar so I'll stay w what I have for now, thanks for the offer. if the speedo has an issue I may hit you up after I test ride it. the front caliper is an ex500 dual piston one, I have the rh one as well with a second rotor, need to finish that up. I'll take pics of how I need to mod the hanger to get it to work on the other side.

RustyRD

m in sc

like a dipshit, I ordered the wrong rotor. I need a kz1000 one, and the fucking bolt pattern on the one i bought is different than the wheel.  650 disc/1000 wheel. I had no idea. :umm:  :taz:  :bang:

RustyRD

early kz1000 and kz650 share the same 4 bolt pattern. what happened ?   sorry I hate when that happens. I swapped  z1r rotors to my 77kz650.

m in sc

fuck i don't know. wheel swap, discs from? all i know is it has the smaller 4 bolt pattern and its roughly 10'5" in diameter. Ive got a few qs out to ebay sellers for measurements. if i get nothing, i do have a disc i can use from another application but need to machine a center hat from scratch. which i can, and then i'll use that on the back and put the back disc on the ft. (current disc on back matches front actually)  :huh:

RustyRD

mag is from 77 kz1000 z1-r. Hope this helps. I also have the stock rotor if that would help.

m in sc

if the rotor is 10.5 inches across, thats probably the right one.  I have one last hail mary pair coming if they dont work im going to hit you up, or kick this thing over (not really). you have a pic of the rotor?