Deals Gap 2024: Safety 3rd!

This year:  May 5-12th.  25th year!
(CLICK IMAGE FOR MEET INFO)

Main Menu

OBS Chevy

Started by Striker1423, December 05, 2023, 09:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Striker1423

I had a 2009 Silverado that shit the transmission out of it about 140k, then around 185k one of those Displacement on Demand lifters decided to fuck off in BLOHIO of all places... Finally, I had a 2019 for about a year which got sold to buy our house, but not before the water pump left it at 42k.

Basically, I got sick of dealing with the new shit that costs an arm, leg, and left nut to fix or buy. So, I hopped on Marketplace and this truck popped up for $10k.

It's a 1994 Silverado with the flat tappet TBI 350 with 107k on the ODO, 4x4 on the floor, and everything in great working condition (multiple fluid leaks that are slowly being addressed, potential trans rebuild too, but I don't care). How'd I do?

dgorms

Score! And relatively easy to work on.
rz,r5,ds7,srx,fzr400rr,vfr,cl77,s90, F-7,CL 77, CA-77,ad infinitum

mixedbikes

Sure looks like a clean well maintained truck, good luck with it. I have had 4 chevy trucks in my life. They have all been dependable if well maintained. Sold one with 278K on clock, one with 225K, other I dont remember.They have so many parts that interchange depending on year that I find upgrades/changes are easy, and parts are readily available. Have fun with it.

m in sc

looks like you did well.   :clap:

irk_miller

Great truck.  Looks clean and rust free for a Michigan truck and nice low miles.  Something to consider in the future- that's a $6k-$8k truck in Georgia  I'm orginally from New Baltimore, Michigan and have most of my family up there. Lived in Philadelphia until 2013. My family loves to come down here in one vehicle and they drive home in two. You're not paying the 4wd/rust free premium down here.  A good buddy is in Mid-Ohio and he's shopping for box S-10s down here, because they don't have the rust and cost $2k less.

Kawtriplefreak

Nice truck. My 90 GMC had 250K on the 5.7K motor like yours and it was bulletproof other than a head gasket change at 220K and still held 30 pounds of oil pressure hot. My 4l60 transmission made it 200K before it shit the bed. It is not a matter of if it is when on the transmission. If you decide to keep the truck like I did (Had mine 19 years this year) I would recommend an LS engine 4l60E swap like I had done to mine. Run some good synthetic oil and transmission fluid and it will last a long time at a fraction of the cost of a newer truck. Just my :twocents:

irk_miller

I have a lifted AWD Astro converted to 4wd with the 4L60E.  They have good upgrades for that trans, plus a corvette servo and it's pretty much good for life.

Striker1423

irk_miller, you lived in New Baltimore? Ha, I'm 15 minutes from there if that. Matter of fact, one of my favorite spots in the summer is the New Baltimore beach. I also used to duck hunt the grass islands off Ruedisale road when you could still walk out to them in waders... Water level is so high now you'd drown lol. My brother lives in Chesterfield.

The truck is from a dealer in Clare, MI originally and lived up north its whole life. I think it avoided most of the salt destruction since they use sand on the roads up there. I think it needs a trans rebuild for sure. Has a 2-3 shift flare if on the gas at all. I just drive it like a Grandpa and will get it addressed in the spring most likely.